Watchmen Gobies

bluering09

I m potentionaly getting a pair of Watchmen Gobies and I want to know if there is any special care I need to take to ensure the breeding process or any special way to take care of the frys?

nano reefer

that would be cool, try to get a pistols shrimp too. they will all be in a symbiotic relationship. to keep the fry alive, put fine mesh over all intakes, and be sure there are no predators in the tank.
1,000th Post!

juice_1080

make sure that they are paired up when you get them gobies don't take too kindly to their own kind. raising fry is also not a very easy process and would more than likely require a seperate breeding tank to ensure survival

bluering09

I cant berly see them, they spend all the time inside a cave. One of them come out more than the other. but I also have someother type of gobie in there that kinda dont like the pair. so far I havent seen a sign of frys.

zeke92

yeah they don't come out much. i have one and after liek a year he is finally coming out even with other people in the room. for a while he didn't come out unless it was just me.
some people say that having two fish that live in caves might cause problems because of territory. thats probably why the other goby doesn't like them.
kinda like living in the country and then all of the sudden someone builds a house right next to you.

srgvigil

As a baby

After 7 months

He finally started started coming out again after a month. He use to be out every day all the time but his pistol shrimp buddy died and I think he went into a state of depression and he never came out. I got him another pistol shrimp and hes coming out more now being a watchmen

bluering09

Thats a nice gobie, when I get a chance I will take a pict of my gobie. I m looking into purchasing a Yasha Gobie again.

dse

heres mine i'll be getting my pistol shrimp in two-three weeks time. hes called moby goby named by my wife.

shaunalynna

I hear so much about the replationship these guys can build together. Is it really as awesome as they say? I have 2 peppermints and was wanting a pistol in hopes my Goby would enjoy him.