Water Changes for Apartment Dwellers - better way?

richl

Does anyone have tips on how to handle water changes in smaller spaces? I have my 125 gal FOWLR tank in an upper floor one-bedroom high rise apartment. I have an under the sink RO unit that allows me to make 5 gallons, but then I have to wait about two hours for the RO to fill again. I have 3 five gallon buckets and have to 'age' the new salt water (powerhead & heater) for 48 hours, so a 20% waterchange takes me about 4 days. It would be nice to be able to do this quicker and to not have buckets on the floor. Anyone have a better way to approach this given minimal space and resources? Thanks

veni vidi vici

Originally Posted by RichL
http:///forum/post/2952667
Does anyone have tips on how to handle water changes in smaller spaces? I have my 125 gal FOWLR tank in an upper floor one-bedroom high rise apartment. I have an under the sink RO unit that allows me to make 5 gallons, but then I have to wait about two hours for the RO to fill again. I have 3 five gallon buckets and have to 'age' the new salt water (powerhead & heater) for 48 hours, so a 20% waterchange takes me about 4 days. It would be nice to be able to do this quicker and to not have buckets on the floor. Anyone have a better way to approach this given minimal space and resources? Thanks
I dont live in a apartment but i let a 35 gallon garbage can fill from my RO/DI to a 25 gallon mark.I know about how long it takes so i have 10 gallon barrier before it over flows.

oceansidefish

Definately would go that route....I don't live in a high rise but a smaller house. I use a trash can that I fill with RO/DI add salt and let it cure then do the water change