water changes

zippeay

I'm not sure too much about corals, but I usually change my fish once a week and change about 1/10 of the water. Not too sure about the bigger tanks though, my tanks only 35 gallon. Do you have a protein skimmer? Has your tank cycled yet? How many fish, corals ect will help other people with more experience answer your question. What kind of filtration are you useing?

murph145

depends u can do some once a week changes every 2 weeks no more than once a month IMO
but if u do every month do a 20% change
less if sooner
however u do it make sure u maintain a schedule consistancy is the key u want ur water to be very stable if u have a good skimmer and lots of rock and LS u can get away with a once a month water change
i try to do mine every 3-4 weeks

bonebrake

You have choices:
A. Change five gallons every week.
B. Change ten gallons every two weeks.
C. Change fifteen gallons once a month.
Whichever you choose, stick with it and don't change your schedule.
I would probably go with changing ten gallons out twice a month, but that is me.
Have fun!
:joy:

coachklm

Originally Posted by Zippeay
I'm not sure too much about corals, but I usually change my fish once a week and change about 1/10 of the water.
Not too sure about the bigger tanks though, my tanks only 35 gallon. Do you have a protein skimmer? Has your tank cycled yet? How many fish, corals ect will help other people with more experience answer your question. What kind of filtration are you useing?

what a nice LFS you must have..........not good biologically on a tank but hey..to each there own... :hilarious