water changes

bamm bamm

I have a 46 gallon bow front I just started cycling the water two weeks ago with 4 damsels how often should I change some of the water, and how much should I change, also am I supposed to leave the flourescant lights on all the time or can I shut them off at night, also on a 6 gallon eclipse with two damsels in it thats been set up for the same time how often should I change water in that set-up?

bamm bamm

What would happen if I was to leave them on all day?? oh and so it is ok to change some water even though my tank hasn't finished cycling yet..is it best to use distilled water or tap water with the dechlorinizng stuff in it??

porkypuffer

I BOUGHT I CHEAP TIMER AT THE LOCAL DEPARTMENT STORE FOR MY LIGHTS. THAT WAY THE FISH ,I HOPE, FEEL LESS STRESS WITH A SET ON AND OFF TIME. TEN HOURS ON.

krazzydart

I did the same thing as "PORKEY" the timer thing is great and if you are gone on a weekend the timer takes care of the lighting for you 10 hrs a day is what i do ......use distilled water or get an r/o set up for your tap water at home...[