Water leak from wet/dry

weiser5150

So I came home from work today and noticed some water in the bottom of the stand. It's a 72 gal bowfront stand and the bottom where the wet/dry filter sits was soaked. I found the leak that was causing it and have fixed it,but how do I keep from ruining my hardwood floors with the leaked out water?
I have shop vaccumed all that I can get up and just have several fans blowing now. Any other advise?

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiser5150 http:///t/396089/water-leak-from-wet-dry#post_3528376
So I came home from work today and noticed some water in the bottom of the stand. It's a 72 gal bowfront stand and the bottom where the wet/dry filter sits was soaked. I found the leak that was causing it and have fixed it,but how do I keep from ruining my hardwood floors with the leaked out water?
I have shop vaccumed all that I can get up and just have several fans blowing now. Any other advise?
That should do as long as you haven't let it go too long. You might mop the area with clear water to rinse away any salt. The fans should dry it out just fine. I keep Sham Wows on hand, I have carpeting, and those are great for drawing water out...you might try laying a few on the wood, the shams act like a water magnet.
If the water is long standing, the floor will need to be replaced because it will warp it...believe me, you will know if that happens.

weiser5150

thanks for the info Flower.
The only thing is i cant get underneath the stand,because is basically sits on the floor.I mean i can maybe get a piece of paper in between the floor and stand.
i am thinking of either draining the tank and taking it off the stand or somehoqw removing the inside wood flooring of the stand so i can make sure the is now standing water.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiser5150 http:///t/396089/water-leak-from-wet-dry#post_3528433
thanks for the info Flower.
The only thing is i cant get underneath the stand,because is basically sits on the floor.I mean i can maybe get a piece of paper in between the floor and stand.
i am thinking of either draining the tank and taking it off the stand or somehoqw removing the inside wood flooring of the stand so i can make sure the is now standing water.
I have a crawl space under my house...if you can go from below you may be able to reach the floor boards that way, and put a fan to blow on it. I doubt your floor is water proof, and should have already drained the water away from the spot it leaked at. Unless it's a mobile home with a press board floor it shouldn't do much damage.
The only real reason folks go ripping up the floor to air it out, is if the floor had standing water, such as a flood. An overflowed tank (I have had plenty over the years) has never done a bit of damage, I just cleaned it up, and used a fan to dry the carpet after I sucked up the water with a rug doctor I rented. You got the water up, you have the fans blowing...you should be good to go.