water level

chris flaherty

hi guys how life today. i do have to know this i do have a bio there are 3 chambers . one on left has the skimmer. i ma starting to pull stuff out as of today .it has been 5 weeks. but the middle one is the i have live rock in how far up should the water be. i think it should be higher ?????? there is a gauge on the left that tells were the water should be for the return pump. also i can not decide if i should put a sump in .it is a small tank .if i do i would use it for recycle and filtration . could use some input. thanks for the help chris

beaslbob

I would use macro algae instead of live rocks for the recycling. and the chamber either are in should be as high as possible and flow into a much lower sump

my .02

pegasus

The skimmer chamber and the middle chamber should have the same amount of water in them. As long as the water level in the return pump chamber is correct, it should be fine. The only way to raise the water level in the first two chambers is to increase the flow. A bigger pump will pump water into the tank faster, which means it will also drain into the bio (refugium) faster. This will raise the water level, but only a little bit.

I agree with beaslbob. Macro algae will work better in the middle chamber. Use the live rock in your tank...