water pump ???

vietfish

Hey, I just finished my basement and I installed my ro/di unit down there. I have a tank upstair aproximately 10 feet. I want to know what kind of water pump i should get locally or online that will pump the water up from the tank that is next to the ro/di up the hose to the sump. So i am basically trying to find a real powerful water pump to pump the water up ten feet. If anyone has any brand suggestion please let me know. Thanks.

robchuck

Iwaki, Pan World, Blueline, Little Giant, GenX all make nice pressure-rated pumps.
When shopping for a pump, look at the specs of the pump (especially the performance curve) and make sure the pump will push enough GPH at the height you need it to.

solonfairy

Is the water in the basement just RO water going to the sump for evaporation top-off?
If so, I'd get a reef-filler or other dosing pump. Reef fillers can handle long distances. If you use any pump other than a dosing pump, you will run the risk of overfilling the sump.
If I have misread the purpose of this pump you are looking for, then please ignore this post.