Water temperature

spkdtch

How quickly does aquarium water cool off if the heater suddenly dies? I have two in each of my tanks incase that happens, but what if a fuse was blown while i was at work? how much time would i have to reset the fuse before any damage is done?
ball park, would be impossible to get it to the exact minute, im talking like an hour? two? five? ten? etc
and on average how much would it drop each hour or so?
between school and work, if i had a fuse blow, i doubt id make it home and notice unless it would take more than a few hours for the temp to drop

dragonzim

Impossible to answer without knowing the temp of your house and what other equipment you are running on the tank.

flower

Originally Posted by spkdtch
http:///forum/post/3121755
How quickly does aquarium water cool off if the heater suddenly dies? I have two in each of my tanks incase that happens, but what if a fuse was blown while i was at work? how much time would i have to reset the fuse before any damage is done?
ball park, would be impossible to get it to the exact minute, im talking like an hour? two? five? ten? etc
and on average how much would it drop each hour or so?
between school and work, if i had a fuse blow, i doubt id make it home and notice unless it would take more than a few hours for the temp to drop

It would depend on the room temperature. If the house is cold..Maybe 3-4 hours. If the house is warm...not a problem at all. Unless the temps go below 70 for an extended time (more than a day) there will be no damage.