Watts per gallon for Fish With Live Rock?

First, I done search and nothing came out of it and I knew there was debates regarding this issue. Also 5-6 password-errors is wassting my time as well. My apologies but I gotta to ask.
I know the light rule:
Fish only 1-2 watts per gallon
Fish With Live Rock ?

Reef 5 to 10 watts per gallon depending with what type of corals etc you want to put in.
Is there any good thumb for considerable amount of light to help grow some greens or plants around live rock at slow pace so that way fish can enjoy nipping around it.
Thank you.
Hey Moderator, How about establish new caterogy Fish With Live Rock section instead post in inapproximately caterogy such as reef or fish only caterogy. Thanks

jerryatrick

IMO
Fish only - stock lights
FOWLR - PC if you want some growth but can still use stock lights
Reef - Don't believe in watts per gallon. All about depth of tank.
This of course is at the bare minimum. If you are interested in going reef then do a reef lighting search. TMI.
As far as your complaint for a FOWLR area... I think it is the same as Fish Only.

No not complaining at all just a suggestion .

Been absent with this forum for a long time.
Guess with options of either a single or double PC nor couple or quad T-5 would suit for FOWLR.
Thanks.

jerryatrick

Originally Posted by Mr. Angelfish
http:///forum/post/2704447
No not complaining at all just a suggestion .

Been absent with this forum for a long time.
Guess with options of either a single or double PC nor couple or quad T-5 would suit for FOWLR.
Thanks.

The better the light, the better health and growth you will have. I personally would not spend money on lighting if I wasn't going reef. Nothing wrong with spending money on T5 lighting now while it is a FOWLR with the possibility of going reef one day.
Sorry for saying "complaining", thought about it later and should have commented on your "suggestion".

kjr_trig

I have 520 total watts for my 240 FOWLR....Half is 10,000K, Half is True Actinic 03 Blue. At first I was worried I would need more, but I am pretty happy with it....My lights are Corallife Retro fits.

I have a whopping 108w. I just have a T5 2x54w both bulbs are 18,000k. I currently also have a PC set on it 2x65w with 50/50 bulbs but thinking of taking that off..