Week 32 Topic: Tangs

ladyreefseeker

Administrator
Staff member
Submit a photo of a Tang for a chance to win a $25 gift certificate to Saltwaterfish.com and a donation will be made in the winners name to The Deep Blue Seas foundation. Please don't submit a photo that was previously submitted. Thank you!

btldreef

Haven't you won enough?!? LOL That is a GREAT shot! How in the world did you get that, my purple tang swims way too fast!

oneradtek

haha im sorry guys, but i wont be able to win this one, because i won within the last month, but i wanted to enter the contest atleast!
AND i didnt enter for the last few contests before the last anyways haha

flower

My fish hide from me and anyone else who come too close to the tank. After years I finally got a picture and it was not any real good close up that's for sure.

btldreef

My fish hide from me and anyone else who come too close to the tank. After years I finally got a picture and it was not any real good close up that's for sure.
Start feeding them by hand, or keep your hand in the tank while feeding. I've found this to be a tremendous help, especially if you ever need to catch a fish. It does take patience though. I even make my algae eaters eat the sheets out of my hands.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///forum/thread/385316/week-32-topic-tangs#post_3379318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower
http:///forum/thread/385316/week-32-topic-tangs#post_3379292
Start feeding them by hand, or keep your hand in the tank while feeding. I've found this to be a tremendous help, especially if you ever need to catch a fish. It does take patience though. I even make my algae eaters eat the sheets out of my hands.
LOL....MY LMB now takes food from the feeding tongs.....he just loves the scallops
when I go to put the algae sheet in...the fish practically jump out trying to get at it....(one did once LOL)

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/385316/week-32-topic-tangs#post_3379320
LOL....MY LMB now takes food from the feeding tongs.....he just loves the scallops
when I go to put the algae sheet in...the fish practically jump out trying to get at it....(one did once LOL)
LOL...sure at feeding time but then the only pictures I have are colorful blurs. The algae sheets they nip and dive at.
I can't reach into the top of my tank without a step stool (I have a canopy) I can't get up and down said stool anymore. So I have to remove the canopy altogether to do anything with the tank and I sure am not going to do it just to feed them. Right now I can rach the top with the net and that's how I give them there chow.

btldreef

Blonde Naso Tang (she's my baby, comes right up to the top of the tank to beg for algae sheets when I come near the tank. Eats right out of my hand :)