Weekend photo feature:

nm reef

Since I'm going to be out of town for a few days I thought I'd start this one before I hit the road. These have been going over pretty good and I think there has been some great quality photos and some good advice offered on taking specific photos.
As before lets try to limit the amount of photos per post and focus a bit more on how the shots were taken.
For this week lets go with "corals"...post your selections and try to establish how you manage to take your shots including any edit work prior to posting.
I'll start with three of mine:
Most of you know I use a Canon G5....whenever I decide to take photos of a particular coral or group of corals I sometimes set up my tripod and focus on the intended subject. Then I will take numerous photos using assorted settings and sometimes different lighting sources(no light with flash/actinics only/sctinic with flash/mh&vho etc)...I also try to alter white balance and apertures...I've found that slight adjustments can make subtle changes that sometimes make the difference between just a photo and that rare really good one. All three of the photos below were cropped...then I normally make slight adjustments to the lighting via my editing softare....and last I resized them to comply with limitations to file size here.

aveda6

Both of these were taken with an Oly E500 on a tripod. I had a 50mm macro lens and an external flash. Both of these pictures are crops of slightly larger pics. These were taken with PC lighting on having turned off the Actinic bulbs. The white balance was custom set to 6600K.
I can't remember the name of this one...

New Mushrooms

madman33

For these i used a Canon PowerShot s400. Like NM i try all different seetings to see whoch come out best.
This first one here is with the flash on and for lights actinics and a very low exposure rate. Also was taken on a tripod. (No editing what so ever)
This next one is the same basic pictures(smae lights) but with out the flash. Again on a tripod and very low exposure.(also not edited any)

And this last one is the same pic as last but edited to try and show what i really see instead of the cameras perspective(I see more green than blue. Its actually not exactly what i see. Just swap the green and the blue in this pics and its more like it. My point is though that the green shows more than the blue)

fedukeford

heres a few, just a nomal like $30 digital camera, no alterations, no flash

also a pic of my purple shrooms as my avatar