Weird behavior by my lionfish.

iggy koopa

I recently added a bubbletip anemone in my aquarium. I have lots of live rock and inverts and the lionfish I have usually sits at the bottom underneath a crevice in the live rock. He just sits there until something happens, like when I feed him. Anyways...
Since I have added the bubbletip he doesn't stay anywhere by his normal hideout. In fact, he doesn't even stay on the ground. Lately, he has been floating in each of the corners at the top or sits by the filter. It's like he scared of it or something. I've since moved the bubbletip around and he still doesn't come down, any tips on what might be happening? He doesn't look like he's in any danger or anything, just curious about what could be going on. Any input would be appreciated. Thanx.
Iggy Koopa
"Gwa ha ha ha ha!"
-Bowser, the Koopa King

kimberly

Our Black Volitan Lion Fish swims along the surface of the tank from a couple to several times a day with his head above the water line. We've had him for about a year and he's always done this. When we asked our local aquarist shop experts why he does this, we were told that he probably does it as a way to tell us that he's hungry. He's perfectly healthy and is a magnificent specimen. How's that for weird behavior?!

lion_crazz

Kimberly, I am not trying to sound rude, but I just wanted to let you know that this thread is about 4 years old now, and the original poster no longer posts on this website (just in case you were looking for a response from Iggy_Koopa).
Nonetheless, it is very interesting that your lionfish does this.