Well getting MY Tank today!

scott t

Well its been almost a Year since I stated coming here to SWF.com's Boards and doing Research and asking Questions, doing Research Else where also. I am going to Finally take the plunge and get my 55 gal tank (tank only for now) and then start getting other Pieces ( Lights, Filter, ECT.) I am getting the 55 from "THE STORE WE LOVE TO HATE" as is has been called (LOL). I have gotten so much useful information here and thank all of you who have answered my question and given me help. I urge anyone who is going to get into this hobby to do the same as I have, DO NOT RUSH THE PROCESS! Do your research first, Gather all the information on what you want to have in your tank, Read about it, ask questions about it, learn about it, know about it. I know its sometimes is a pain to wait and we all get impatient. We want to just jump right in with our feet first, only to later see that we have failed and have caused harm to another beautiful living thing. Be patient and only good will come out of it.. Getting my tank is only the first step in the process of setting up of what I hope will be and beautiful and wonderful experience for me. Again to all the NOOBS out there take your time, research, ask questions, then and only then take the plunge so that you do things the right way.
Scott

S

shrimpy brains

Yes, good luck! and kudos to you for doing your homework first!
I am sure you will have a lovely tank!

scott t

Thank you all and you can be sure Meowser that i will let all of you on here follow my tank build with me. All of you have been so Great in helping with answering all my questions and I am sure will be helpful answering all my future questions. :)

scott t

Well got the tank and its sitting here God I forgot how big a 55 gal tank is...LOL I am just glad that I have got it now.. So now it is time to start working on the other stuff I need for the tank.. I think the Next Purchase will be the lights and I already know what one i am getting. Nova 8 light fixture with moon lights 432 watts.. I think I will take the Advice of others and when I get it use the bulbs in it to start and then upgrade in a few months to Wavepoint or APIs. I am so excited.. Then start getting the other stuff i need. WOO HOOOO!!!

meowzer

LOL...the one thing I have found out in this hobby....is it NEVER ends.....there is ALWAYS something else....or something better
hope you have deep pockets

gcgrad

I'm anxious to here about your process as I am looking into starting a similar setup. Best of look to you!

scott t

Originally Posted by gcgrad
http:///forum/post/3284312
NOOB spelling... best of luck!
Thanks gcgrad I will keep you updated on my build. I am hoping to start a Build post on here so everyone can follow my progress and see how things turn out. This is to help keep everyone who has helped me informed of how much all their help has been to me.. My best advice to you is to Research and Ask Question and dont rush the process.
To you WELCOME TO SWF Boards!! They are a great place to learn.