west nile or the flu?

sweetdawn

does anyone know the difference between the west nile and flu symptoms. could you hurry before i die here.

sweetdawn

please somebody I have a temp. of 102.2. my neck sholders underarms hurt. Im throwing up and miserable. I have been like this for three days. thank you

lovethesea

sounds like the flu and should call the Doc anyway. I don't think any virus' have been in the midwest yet.

elfdoctors

Influenza has been gone from our county for months. I doubt you have that.
West Nile tends to be much later in the summer for northern states, usually August into frost.
The most common causes of fevers in my area right now are:
Lyme Disease and Ehrlichiosis - tick borne diseases
Norovirus - A stomach flu virus (similar to the one that hit the cruise lines two winters ago)
Strep Throat
Mononucleosis
It is probably best to use Tylenol and Ibuprofen (to treat the fevers and achiness), force fluids, get plenty of rest. Assuming you are in fairly good health you can probably wait until after the holiday weekend.

aarone

I should take care of this...i know a thing or two about west nile....
lol j/k
you probably sont have WNV even if you did there is really nothing to worry about. With proper medical attention you wont die or anything..its similar to the flu.

lovethesea

elfdoctors..........where have you been? Haven't seen you in awhile.
Funny how we call most things the flu. Strep has been terrible around here lately. Don't know why. :nervous: I am such a germaphobe that I pity any germs in my house after someone is sick.

sweetdawn

thanks elfdoctors
day four still at over 102 still throwing up. happy fourth. i managed to get off the couch. doctors closed today and i have to work tomorrow if im sick or not. had to work last night collapsed into a chair in front of roomfull of customers. they were all nice about it and waited for me to catch my breath told them i was sick and not to get to close

T

tizzo

I think they should open up a new forem just for Elfdoctors... We could all get free medical advice, then this sight really WOULD have everything!!! (The hubby would love that... I could see it now, "Oh goodness the baby has a temp of 104 degrees, I'd better go get on-line and see what I should do!!!" and he'd say "where ya goin'? Webmd" and I say, "No...Saltwaterfish.com...DUH!!!"
Oh yeah, I'm good!!!!
Well sweetdawn, I hope you heal OK. Keep us posted, I wanna know what you have and how they treated it. Unless of course it's, well you know... then you could just let the thread die. Nah, I'm kiddin'!!!!

elfdoctors

Originally posted by lovethesea
elfdoctors..........where have you been? Haven't seen you in awhile.

I've gotten hooked playing Astrowars. I found out about it from this forum. It's been a very interesting game. I was able to join the Galactic Alliance of the NEMOs which has many people from these boards. I haven't had enough time to be active on these boards as well as the game's. The next beta starts in about a week.
My tank is doing great. It's been nice checking back in for a while.
Sweetdawn, most viral infections should be turning the corner by ~day 5. If you're not better you may want to get checked after the holiday weekend (particularly if you may have had a tick bite).

lovethesea

Originally posted by elfdoctors
I've gotten hooked playing Astrowars. I found out about it from this forum. It's been a very interesting game. I was able to join the Galactic Alliance of the NEMOs which has many people from these boards. I haven't had enough time to be active on these boards as well as the game's. The next beta starts in about a week.
My tank is doing great. It's been nice checking back in for a while.

Did Sammy get you hooked?

Glad to hear your tank is good.