West Texas Dust Storm

broncofish

Dude there were days in Afghanistan that looked like that but worse, we could not see the mountain range that was a 1minute helicopter flight away. It's great for the sinuses also:D

ty_05_f

when we lived in amarillo those things would come through, Then you start tasting the dirt ewww. lol

grouperhead

Midland, Texas, home of the Rockhounds! Do you ever get to any of the Rockhounds games? Jeremy Brown is my boy...Bo

bradttu

Originally posted by Grouperhead
Midland, Texas, home of the Rockhounds! Do you ever get to any of the Rockhounds games? Jeremy Brown is my boy...Bo

JIM27 - Yes, it is very real and very nasty.
Grouperhead - Oh yeah, ALL the time. The new stadium is sweet! Are you from here? I don't know any of the names of the team, I just go for the food and drinks! :D
Just to let some of you know how things are around here, the city built a 35 million dollar sports complex for 2 high schools and the Rockhounds ( a minor league baseball team that is owned by the Oakland A's) to share. It accommodates football, soccer, track, and baseball.
This is a drawing of it. I can't find any good shots of it.

S

simm

hehe sweet pic Brad. Man I know what you mean very nasty EXCPECIALLY when you wear contacts. The last 4 days we havent gotten any dust just all rain and tornados. Since Tuesday night we have gotten a total of 5 inches of rain. all the crops are ruined by flood.

sammystingray

WOW those are great pictures!!! We were just laughing as we imagined you taking them.:D I notice you ran across the street to get a better shot, or to run from it!! :D Very cool shots though! My fiance lived in Texas for awhile, and she says she never saw anything like that.....thanks for posting them.:)

jjman101

awesome pic's i was in texas last year for a while but i didn't get to see any that big. I can still remember the taste of dirt ewwwww

luvmyfish

Unbelievable!! I have never seen anything like that... thanks for sharing!
I think I will stick with the rain we get here in Florida!!
LOL
:D

Those are incredible pictures, and we were complaining about all the snow and rain we've been having in VA this year, I think I'll stick with the snow. WOW

a&m aggie 04'

Ive lived in Texas my entire life and havent ever seen anything like that and hopefully never will. I always heard about dust storms but never imagined something like that. I think ill stay outta west texas in the future.
Mark

lurch694u

I live in Arizona and we get them all the time. Monsoon season is coming real soon can't wait:p Its great,it blows dirt all over your car then it follows up with rain to make your car muddy.

bradttu

A&M - I have lived in West Texas all my life. We have one at least once a year around the start to middle of spring. :( It really sux!!!
Lurch - I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. Around here it's called muain or mudrain.