wet dry and fuge?

brucewrs

210 gallon mostly fish with 200-300lbs live rock.I have alot of crabs snails and 1 anemoe and a few sea urchins..I have a pro clear 400 wet dry.It is a huge wet dry.2 king 5 pumps.Each pump 1500 gph.I need it because I have around 20 fish.Could I also add a fuge? My nitrates are high but I have 0 nitrites.Just want to get a few opinions.Thanks
Here is a pic of it.I have a 10 gallon hospital tank in front of it.Might use the hospial tank as the fuge...

anamilasti

i would add a fuge, the reason you have trates and not trites is b/c the bio load eats up the ammonia and than nitrite, not nitrate.
and what i would do is either water changes or add a fuge with lots of greens and a deep sand bed.
but what i would do if i were you is take that little aquarium (prob your hospital tank) and make it into your own fuge. very easy to do.

brucewrs

Originally Posted by anamilasti
i would add a fuge, the reason you have trates and not trites is b/c the bio load eats up the ammonia and than nitrite, not nitrate.
and what i would do is either water changes or add a fuge with lots of greens and a deep sand bed.
but what i would do if i were you is take that little aquarium (prob your hospital tank) and make it into your own fuge. very easy to do.

How would one maket a fuge?Is there anyway I could somehow pump the water out of my sump and then back into it?I plan on changing the hoses from the tank to pvc.I wonder if I could "t" it from the return and then pump it from the fuge into the sump?

dogstar

I agree the 10g is a bit small but You would have to drill a drain in it, elevate it higher than the sump and pump from the sump or split a main drain into the fuge and then plumb it so the fuge will drain back into the sump.

anamilasti

what i will do is is on the suction line or input line make a tee come off ( with smaller hosing ( 1/2") and have a smaller pump 300 gph pumping it into the sump. "im not 100% shure this will work" im new to the hobby but have been doing a lot of research and am learning new stuff everyday.
get a reducing tee, and a small pump, and sum smaller tubing. in the fuge you will need a deep sand bed and lots of greens.
but i need other peoples input on my idea... like i said im new and not certain on this.