Wet/Dry for sale & overflow

rhomer

I have a Sealife Systems 75 wet/dry with built in skimmer for sale. This inclues bio-balls, and sponge. It is in excellent shape minus a small crack in the input tube for the skimmer pump. The skimmer pump is not included. It takes a rio pump I don't remember off hand what size, but I'm sure I can find this out. I had it in use for 4 years.
It is acrylic and holds 8 gallons of water. Best return pump for the sump is either a mag 5 or a mag 7.
This is a perfect sump for 40-75 gallon tanks. I'm looking for 75$ for the sump.
I have the matching overflow box as well with all tubes hoses and pipes. I'm looking for 25$ for the overlfow.
I will let both go together for 90$.
I will open this up to locals first for pick-up.
If no bites then I will open for shipping next week.

gmusick

What are the measurements of it? I have a small tank, so it would need to fit underneath.
Thanks!
Glen
glenmusick at bellsouth.net

rhomer

just a guess here but 18" long, 12" wide, and 12" high. The skimmer collection cup is another 4" tall.
Rob

gmusick

Great price... exactly what I need, but I think it is too large. I will measure tonight, though, to make sure.
Thanks!
Glen

gmusick

Please validate the size for me. I have a hex tank, but I do have a rectangle area inside my stand that is 10" wide and 16" deep. the height does not really matter unless it is taller than 20", which I doubt. Also, please email me a picture of the setup. I do want it if it fits and would be willing to pick it up. When you email me, please tell me what area of Atlanta you are in. I would also like to know what all I would have to purchase to make it work for me. If I understand correctly, I would need to buy a skimmer pump and a return pump. Is that right?
Thanks!
Glen
glenmusick at bellsouth.net

rhomer

I should be able to get all that tonight. It's just one of those memory things. :thinking:
BTW, I'm in Kennesaw/Acworth/Marietta area. I actually live in Acworth, but I'm like less than 2 miles from each of those cities. I'm about 5 miles from Town Center mall

rhomer

Glen,
How far is the tank from the wall? Do you have an AIM account? If so I'm robehomer. AIM me and we can discuss off the board.

rhomer

Actual dimensions are 8 1/2 wide x 19 3/4 long by 15 3/4 high with the skimmer collection cup adding an additional 5 1/2 inches.
The pump recommended for the skimmer is a rio 800.
notice the crack on the skimmer intake tube, and notice it doesn't interfere with the operation of the pump.

rhomer

Notice the large blue sticker in the right hand corner. It says lifetime warranty. I'm checking with the manufacturer if they will replace the cracked tube. I will post when I find out info on this.
Rob

gmusick

Let me know what you find out. I am still deciding, mainly due to the size, but that information may influence my decision.
Thanks!
Glen

rhomer

Talked with them, they said that they would do what they could to fix the problem or replace the part. I'm not sure of the timeline.
Rob

gmusick

Hey Rob,
The size of the thing is just going to be too big. Last night, I drained half the water from my tank and got 3 of my friends to help me move the tank off of my stand. I looked at the stand and tried to figure a way to get it to fit, but it will simply be too big. I think since someone else is interested, then go ahead and sell it. If he doesn't buy it, then post on here. I am still somewhat interested in it because it is such a good price and I do plan on upgrading to a larger tank, but if epetrosian is interested in it, then go ahead and sell it.
Thanks!
Glen

rhomer

Hey Glen,
I figured as much when you described the stand. The only shot would be if the back was open you could push it all the way through. Good luck finding something.
Rob

rhomer

I was poking around and discovered all the original paperwork for the sump. I will be sure to send this with the sump. I also discovered I mailed in the warranty card, so Sealife should honor repairs or replacement of the equipment
Rob