Whammin Watermelon?

jaymz

Are these whammin Watermelons? is there a name for the morphs with the all purple disc?

D

dennis210

I have noticed the same thing - interchangable names. To me the ones with the purple eyes are very neat, the ones you see for sale with orange centers and just a little more deeper orange eye are like really common.
Zoa's and color morphs are beginning to remind me of genetics classes and Mendallean theory - fruit fly experiments. The little devils do morph alot, but not always for the better.

jaymz

I have a rock of what were called eagle eyes. They have more of a true red disk with purple mouth. Also they are much smaller than the ones i have pictured above. the pictured zoas have more of a magenta disk. Still they look very similar until you see them side by side.. Im sure they are the same thing just color morphs. Im pretty sure the original eagle eyes had more of an orange disk and a pale green skirt. I know reefkprz has some of them, they look much different.

earnit33

speaking of being more pale, if the skirts look more yellow,there is also some called yellow eagle eyes!

earnit33

If the skirts look more yellow, there is yellow eagle eyes,Ive got some of them and the green skirts! to the center right bottom yellow eagle eyes,to the left bottom center eagle eyes/whammin watermelons! Sorry for the pic my camera sticks!

codylowe

The "purple" morphs are probably just polyps that weren't getting good light. I can see a little color in them like the rest of the colony. A little time in good lighting will get them back to normal