What’s wrong with my new chromis?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
The fish could just be stressed. What are the conditions in your QT?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Well, your parameters are good. White blotches on chromis due to stress is not unusual. How many do you have? Have you noticed any aggression bwtween them? Are they eating?

PoppyD88

Well, your parameters are good. White blotches on chromis due to stress is not unusual. How many do you have? Have you noticed any aggression bwtween them? Are they eating?
There’s 3 of them, they’re eating well, and I haven’t noticed any aggression, I just got them yesterday. Apparently sometimes they get those spots at night time because they like to camouflage. I hope that, that’s the case and it isnt a disease.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
You may not see aggression, but with blue chromis you can expect to have aggression going on with one of them beating up on one or both of the others. Keep an eye out on that.

Some fish will turn splotchy when light get turned on or while they are sleeping. And they can be spolched because they've just moved into a new environment, but in the absence of visible maladies on the fish skin, these pretty much look like stress.