what about box fish

ter

i have a question for every one i have a freind who fishs alot and just brought me 4 box fish they look like marble with blue spots they are in my sick tank and i lost 3 in 2 days i was told they can not go together but can i put the last one in my tank with my seahorses he is sooo cute i dont want to lose him yes he is eating brime shrimp :help:

lion_crazz

Well, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but they are a very difficult fish to care for and if they get stressed out or die, they can release a toxin that will kill everything in the tank, including themselves eventually..

ter

he has been swimming in the sick tank for 3 days and i eating and looks happy i use the water from my main tank for the sick tank how long should i wait befor i try to transfer him or should i put him in the 55 that i am setting up just for fish since my 176 is only for seahorses, ect

corally

Originally Posted by ter
he has been swimming in the sick tank for 3 days and i eating and looks happy i use the water from my main tank for the sick tank how long should i wait befor i try to transfer him or should i put him in the 55 that i am setting up just for fish since my 176 is only for seahorses, ect

No way would I put him in with seahorses! :joy:

tankfinder

It will nip at all seahourses/slugs all. I had one and It did die as well as far as the whole thing with it killing off my whole tank... Maybe I was lucky but hes was one of my fav

ter

Thank Guys I will keep him in the small tank for now I also found out that it is a cow fist and getting such pretty colors he is turning yellow with blue dots but until the 55 is ready i will try to keep hin in it thanks again