what about this combo for a 305gallon tank.

1 brown banded bamboo shark
1 dragon moray
1 violation lion
1 panther grouper
1 emperor angel
1 harlequin tusk fish
1 Clown Trigger
and 4 either domino or 4striped damsels.
this will be in a 305 fowlr with sump filtration/ protien skimmer

jim27

Maybe its just me but that seems like it would be a bit overstocked. Also no triggers with sharks, the triggers will pick at the shark and eventually kill it and the damsels will become food too.

porkchop

Minus the shark, that setup would be a very good one. You would have also need to get rid of the damsels as they would get eaten by either the lion or grouper in time. Also, to keep messy eaters like groupers and triggers with an adult angel, you would need very good filtration to keep your water quality very good or else the angel will suffer.

i disagree with all of you.... just skip the clown trigger and add a puffer and skip the angel. reasons, the angel will die in that tank because of the water quality, no matter what and it will get sressed out because of all the fast moving fish, and the clown trigger will kill the shark and possibly the lion and boss around the grouper

eric18

i agree with dlgiht the trigger casue to many proboems with those other fish and the angel will end up dieing

zackt

tooth,
It is my honest opinion that any type of shark is better suited to a species only. Meaning, you should NOT keep any other type of fish with them. At least not in captivity.
Think about it, sharks are pretty much at the top of the food chain in the ocean... and EVERY shark I have seen has been a solitary specimen... or as a couple.
Also, the angel would be the black sheep of the crew. Sure they're big, tough fella's... but the Angel is a lot like Arnold Schwarzenegger... he's big and tough, but requires much more luxurious and pampered living conditions than say a vagrant biker, or something, which is what the trigger, lion, etcetc would be in your tank. Do you really see old Arnie' with a group of hog riders? I sure dont :).
Namely , as stated the water conditions would just be too unstable. Personally, I just dont like Tuskfish and panther groupers...8) but that is just me..
I think the dragon moray, clown trigger, & lion would be excellent additions to a 305Gl... the clown trigger and dragon moray are very exotic fish, and dont need much company as any one of the two is a showpiece of ANY tank. You may want more fish than 3, but trust me, the list you had origionally was pushing it. By keeping the fish load low, you're minimizing your chances of a fatal error, your fish will be happier due to all the extra space, and if one day your dealer gets in the REALLY REALLY cool and exotic fish that you just HAVE TO HAVE in your aquarium... guess what... you'll be able to have it! Do you know why? Because you were smart and didnt throw as many fish as safely possible into your aquarium at the beginning. :) Sorry for the rambling!
Zack
[ November 13, 2001: Message edited by: zackt ]