What additives do u use?

I was just wondering what brand, what kind (iodine, calcium, etc) everybody uses. I have about 6 different kinds from Red Sea because I heard that they were very good. I just wanted to see what everybody esle uses. Post up!

mlm

All I add is Seachem Reef Advantage & Reef Builder on a regular basis for calcium and alkilinity. I also add 2 Little Fishies iodine every 2 weeks.

S

sebae0

i use seachem also, reef builder and reef advantage calcium.

mlm

Personally I think that I have seen a great improvement over using kent's tech cb.

wolffam

Use Kent Marine Liquid Calcium, Essential Elements, Pro Buffer dKH. I've heard B-Ionic is good, but haven't found any in my area.

My LFS said kent wasn't that good, and when they had used it, they said there wasn't much of a big improvement. So far, when the Red Sea line came out, the switch, and they said that they have been getting a lot of improvements. I'm starting to use the Red Sea line also and I have seen improvements since I've switch from Kents. I use the Calcium, Calcium 3+ Stronium(sp?), Molybodemn (sp?), Iodine, and there trace elements. They might be a little costly, but they seem to work better then Kent. Anybody esle have good experenice with the Red Sea line?

pbuck

I use Seachem Reef plus at 2x the dosage twice a week. Reef calcium and complete are added 2x per week at the regular dosage. Reef Builder and Advantage are used in the make-up water at the rate of 1 tbsp per gallon of daily make up water. I have to give credit where credit is due, this is the www.GARF.org recipe. I have a killer tank, everyone who comes over to trade says that I can propagate my corals faster than they can trade for them. I am really pleased with the results. Although it does get a little pricy at times, it is worth it.