what am i doin wrong

belizeanlv

what am i doin wrong,my tank looks like a mess
first off i did a calcium test last night,after all the calcium i put in the tank
once a week the new test didnt even have a reading,why
then i thought could it be the carbon absorbin it in the wetdry?do i even need it since ihave over 70 pounds of live rock and 100 pounds of ls?
second,i have a spot behind my large green coral that isnt gettin any water flow and i dont know what to do? i turned myback tubes towards the wall and that one area isnt gettin a water flow,i have to pumps making a current in the water but that area is so hard to get at,do i need to do some more underwater land scaping?
i got white dust on every thing and thats drivin me crazy as well,can anyboody offer me some ideas?
oh andthe fish are doin fine,eat like crazy
i did a 15 gallon water change about 2weeks ago added calcium,purple up,tropic martin biocalcium,kent marine liquid calcium and i use a water purifier that u would attach to your faset cuzz the water here in town has brown stuff comin out of it, could that be a problem?
water parameters
ph-8.0
ni-0
nitrates-0
am-0
phosphate-0
calcium no readin
tank size 100 gal

L

lbaskball

What test kit are you using for your calicum? If your using the test kit that I use...the color will not turn from pink to purple if you have too much calcium. Looks like your dosing your tank with a lot of calcium. Purple up is basically calcium. Try a different brand test kit.

belizeanlv

im usin a marine test kit and a aqua for the ph and phos
i did a big water change last nite,20 gallons,no additives added just salt
seems to be workin good,will be monitoring it with a hawk eye for any problems!

poniegirl

Test your source water.
It sounds like you may need to purchase your water or invest in a purifier. Maybe not a bad thing for your own health, also?
Try to stay clear of additives, IMO.