What are good starter/peaceful anemones?

ecomaker101

I was thinking of getting a pair of clownfish and just wanted to know of some good anemones that would be peaceful to other fish (because i will have other fish with the clowns), easy to maintain, will host clowns, and are easily propagated. Any info will help. Thanks.

wangotango

Well, most anemones are none of those things.
Assuming you have adequate light and your water chemistry is good a BTA is probably your best choice. Usually more forgivable than other anemones, and clowns will usually host them. Once they find a spot they usually don't move around after that.
-Justin

boeks

What is a BTA? Our anemone lasted about 6 months, moved around the tank the whole time, and our clowns never went near it. would love to get an anemone that the clowns would host.

subielover

Originally Posted by Boeks
http:///forum/post/2873271
What is a BTA? Our anemone lasted about 6 months, moved around the tank the whole time, and our clowns never went near it. would love to get an anemone that the clowns would host.
Sounds like you didn't have an ideal setting. Could have been the lights or the water quality. Anemones need either t-5 or mh lighting to thrive.
BTA=Bubble Tip Anemone

saltn00b

BTA is the best, unless you want some of my majanos LOL
i kept a BTA for about 2 years under VHOs (then sold it). what are your water parameters?
also, what kind of clowns are they? are they aquacultured? the species of clowns makes a difference with what anenome it will and CAN host.
why did your last anenome die? you should answer that question before getting a new one.
one trick is to post a picture of a clown hosting an anenome (preferably the same match up) to the side of the tank. they see this and it triggers a reaction to do the same. whether it is jealousy, or copycat or some other instinct i cant tell you.

ryberg21

Originally Posted by saltn00b
http:///forum/post/2873351
BTA is the best, unless you want some of my majanos LOL
i kept a BTA for about 2 years under VHOs (then sold it). what are your water parameters?
also, what kind of clowns are they? are they aquacultured? the species of clowns makes a difference with what anenome it will and CAN host.
why did your last anenome die? you should answer that question before getting a new one.
one trick is to post a picture of a clown hosting an anenome (preferably the same match up) to the side of the tank. they see this and it triggers a reaction to do the same. whether it is jealousy, or copycat or some other instinct i cant tell you.
!?!Serious!?! That's hilarious. What if you want to have your clowns breed? lol!