what are my perc's doing?

oozy

i just added a perc to my tank. they never fought, instead seemed interested in each other. The new one is a little smaller than the established one. now the both are turnning to their side and shaking near the other. are they courting? or displaying dominancy? they seem to now be inseperable, always within a few inches of the other.
thanks
-Oozy-

broomer5

Sounds to me like they have started their courtship dance. It is cool to watch as they swim together.
Shake your thang !

oozy

SHAKE IT BABY!!!
what do i need to do? am i going to need to provide them anything to incourage them? does this mean babies?
perhapse ill dump in a shot of tequlea to help loosten any tension! :D
seriously any help or exp advise would be great!
thx
-Oozy-

beth

Administrator
Staff member
The bigger one is the female and the smaller the male. The shimming can be a bit of show of who's boss, and clownfish will certainly do this as a signal of agression. However, the mated pair shouldn't really get into any real aggression. They may mate, and they may not.
Unless you are basically going to have only these pair in your tank, any procreation will end up as food.
Don't add any more clowns to your tank, as you then get into some real clown aggression.

broomer5

Not sure what the rules are for posting a link for this type of information - but I have some good info on breeding clownfish - especially perculas - that I could email you.
Brian