what are these things?

lecithin

So my tank finished cycling and I got the bright idea to try to place a piece of base rock in there (it has the best hole in it ever) and while doing that I kicked around some sand. Now that I'm looking at my glass I see these tiny white things about the size of a grain of sand. They are white and have a tail.... or what looks like a tail that they seem to move to swim. They don't move far, kinda vibrate and move a fraction of an inch. Any idea what they are? I can't get a pic, they're far to small.
The tail is almost clear btw.
Now that I'm looking they might just be crawling on the glass rather then vibrate/swimming and clinging.

keri

Anything like these? (these are much larger in the picture than real life)
if so...Pods

lexluethar

They are copeds. They are beneficial (fish will eat them) and are a sign that your tank is doing well. They usually come in from either rocks or sand. I freaked out too, wondering how in the world they got into my tank when i hadn't added anything but sand.
Look closely and you will see hundreds of them in the sand.

lecithin

they look like the very small things in that pic.
Thats gotta be them, I was scared at first but then I had read a few posts about them and figured it was it but I also knew enough to ask juuuust incase :)
thanks a lot guys and gals!!!
You rock!!