What Brand Of Chiller?

ballyhoo

I'm looking into a Chiller for my 72g how much Hp and what brand should I look into? I will be running 2 175mh with 2 96w pc.

mxer485

i just purchased a Artica chiller for my tank and i luv it no complaints at all you will spend the big money for it but like they say you get what u pay for I have a 1/3 hp for my 90 gallon which is plenty big but i plan on upgrading my tank in a few years so i was lookin ahead but if u plan on stickin with the 75 gallon you can probally get away with 1/5 hp check out ---- you can find really good prices comes with warranty and everything good luck

ballyhoo

Originally Posted by mxer485
i just purchased a Artica chiller for my tank and i luv it no complaints at all you will spend the big money for it but like they say you get what u pay for I have a 1/3 hp for my 90 gallon which is plenty big but i plan on upgrading my tank in a few years so i was lookin ahead but if u plan on stickin with the 75 gallon you can probally get away with 1/5 hp check out ---- you can find really good prices comes with warranty and everything good luck
Where did you put it?? under the stand?

mxer485

No you want it to be in a open place where alot or air can get to it cause when they kick on they take alot of air in and push alot of hot air out the back and if it was underneath the stand it wouldnt have fresh cool air i would say the farest you can get it away from the tank the better cause then the hot air wont reheat the tank i have mine next to my stand i was limitied to where i could put it but mine seems to work fine there good luck

golfish

Originally Posted by mxer485
No you want it to be in a open place where alot or air can get to it

Best place is outside, in the garage, basement, in the next room. These are all much better option then the stand or room the tank is in...Their much more efficient this way. The heat they remove is just thrown back into the area their located.