what brand of ro/di

pferboy

i am looking to buy a ro/di and was wondering what brand do most of you use? or what brand do you suggest? i would love to find a good one cheap, if anyone knows where to go or if anyone has a used one.

attml

I am very happy with my Kent Marine Maxxima Hi S. Easy to use, it does a good job and it is a very well put together unit! If you shop around you can get it for about $180 brand new.

justinx

Is that an RO or RO/DI, and how many stages, gpd, etc, etc
It looks nice. Do you plumb it temporarily in the tub when you need it, or is this just an early shot?

attml

It is a 4 stage 35 gpd RO/DI with high silicate remover. I just hook it up in the tub maybe once a week and then I bottle the water for the week.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
There have been a few good threads lately on RO/DI's in the Equiptment Forum. Do a search and you should find them.
I'm getting my RO/DI next wk! :D

entice59

how often do you have to change the cartriges? and how much do they cost? im thinking about getting one, driving to safeway just to get water is getting annoying

algaeeater

Hi
I have a Maxxima 24. Very affordable. I hook it up to my kitchen faucet and drain the filtered water into a large container I bought at a beer-making store. It works great and helped get rid of my hair and red algae problems. it is the smallest unit so it takes about a day to fill 10 gals but it was all I could afford. I have had it for a year and I think the filters last a good couple of years.