What brand of tank to get??

ninjamini

I am looking for a new tank in like a 55-75 gal size. I want a glass tank with a flat front and I am thinking of a tank with a overflow. I want like a 3' width by 18" deep. What brand of tank is the best.

wangotango

i think really the only two main glass tank companies are Perfecto and All-Glass (AGA). Both of them have tanks that are drilled. i think the 65gallon is in the size range you want. as for overflows, AGA uses the mega-flow, which is usually on the left side on the back wall, and is rated for 550gph. this is nice, but if you have a narrow tank (like a 55) it takes up a lot of space. the perfecto corner-flow i think is rated for 600gph, is located in the left corner, doesnt take up as much space imo, and also has a removable front panel for cleaning. i dont know about warrenties for each company, but ive always used AGA.

chipmaker

Yes, about all thats left other than a custom made tank by glass cages is AGA and perfecto. Oceanic is now part and parcel of AGA.

ninjamini

One thing to add is that I do not like the look of the overflow in the corner. I would like it in the middle so that you can not see it's internals.

ninjamini

Perfecto 65 gal $79
All Glass 65 Gal $99
Oceanic 70 gal $259
Pricing w/o overflow.
What gives. 2.5times the price for Oceanic. Why???

unleashed

depending on the state you live in Im located in mich and I know of 2 very good custom tank companies
as far as normal market tanks I have to say AGA i only buy 2 brand of glass tanks one is AGA and other is california custom.

ninjamini

Originally Posted by unleashed
depending on the state you live in Im located in mich and I know of 2 very good custom tank companies
as far as normal market tanks I have to say AGA i only buy 2 brand of glass tanks one is AGA and other is california custom.

Why not perfecto? The perfecto seemed to have a slightly thicker glass. By 1-2 mm on the folder dollar measuring stick.