What Came First...!?

turboeel

Originally Posted by jdragunas
i agree with ophuria
and by looking at turbo's spelling, i'm going to assume he's only in his teens, which makes sense...
lol. Your quite a showcase.

hagfish

Originally Posted by turboeel
Ok but explain how the universe has always been here. That doesn't even make sense. Soemthing can't just always be here. What made God? It doesn't make sense. YOu have no real evidence to prove it except for a book. Like I said earlier, I am going to go buy logical facts and evidence. And yet you still have not acknowledged my argument about the Dinsours. Is it too tough to argue?
I don't really see what your arguement about the dinasaurs is trying to prove in relation to God. So I ignored it.
I never said the universe was always there, in fact I said the exact opposite. God has always been, He is the uncaused cause. Even if you don't believe in God, there pretty much has to be an uncaused cause if you believe in the big bang.
What kind of evidence do you require to "buy" into something? Like I said, there is an incredible amount of historical evidence in the Bible. It is rooted in history and evidence. There was a historian a while back who didn't believe the bible and thought it was historically innacurate. So he took the book of Luke and tried to use historical finds to prove that Luke's historical record was false. The historian found that everything Luke said that could be verified with historical evidence was true. The historian became a Christian after that. I don't remember his name right now, but I could get it if you want it.

J

jdragunas

hmmm... well you have to make the crust before the merengue, so i say crust came first... without the crust, you have no reason for the merengue, which is why the crust was made first...

turboeel

This thread is so pointless its not even funny. I am done. Obviously every single one of you do not have the knowledge that one requires to be in a thread like this.
This needs to be closed before it gets out of hand.

J

jdragunas

lol. Your quite a showcase.
thanks, i try my hardest to be amusing! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

J

jdragunas

This thread is so pointless its not even funny. I am done. Obviously every single one of you do not have the knowledge that one requires to be in a thread like this.
i think once you leave, things will settle down... you're the one without the knowledge it takes to be in this thread, which is why you feel it necessary to leave...

molamola

Originally Posted by lovethesea
it means just that............this topic comes up every couple of months and it always takes a very drastic turn when one or more people feel they are right and everyone else is wrong. The end result is always the same.
The beauty of our belief/s is that they are just that.......ours
This is an example of the theory of the evolution of a thread arguing evolution. We must try to disprove it! :cheer:
Pie crust came first because the first step in making a pie is slapping the crust in the pan.

turboeel

Originally Posted by MolaMola
This is an example of the theory of the evolution of a thread arguing evolution. We must try to disprove it! :cheer:
Pie crust came first because the first step in making a pie is slapping the crust in the pan.
Evolution exists. Why if God, if he were actually to exist have such an argument?
GOD IS NONEXISTENT. I NEVER HAVE PRAYED TO GOD AND I LIVE A GOOD LIFE. GOD IS COMFORT FOR ALL YOU OUT THERE THAT BELIEVE IN HIM. YOU HAVE NO OTHER LOGICAL ANSWER TO EXPLAIN WHY YOU ARE HERE SO YOU MAKE UP "INTELLIGENT" DESIGN. WELL I THINK THIS DESIGN IS GETTING OLD. AND TO SETTLE IT, THE BEST PIE IS BLUEBERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ophiura

I hate to disagree, but merengue cookies are lovely, as is the pavlova - a soft merengue with fruits. It is heavenly, which would lead me to believe it might have been pre-crust, and hence, once again, the egg came first.

turboeel

oohhh i've always wanted to start a thread like this...

:cheer:

yeah me too.

:help:

turboeel

Originally Posted by ophiura
I hate to disagree, but merengue cookies are lovely, as is the pavlova - a soft merengue with fruits. It is heavenly, which would lead me to believe it might have been pre-crust, and hence, once again, the egg came first.
but the chicken's lay the eggs.

ophiura

Please respond to any of my posts. I have several years of graduate experience debating different schools of evolutionary reconstruction. Surely I have enough knowledge to participate in a thread like this?
In particular, we could debate the relative merits of inductive versus deductive reasoning in scientific methodologies and the impact on the study of evolutionary reconstruction?

turboeel

thanks, i try my hardest to be amusing! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Is that why you live in Ohio, to amuse the people that live there since nothing fun is there except bibles and GOD believers? Like you said, it must suck to live there.

turboeel

Please respond to any of my posts. I have several years of graduate experience debating different schools of evolutionary reconstruction. Surely I have enough knowledge to participate in a thread like this?
Obviously you don't know enough youngster.

hagfish

Arrogance is the definition of your responce. God is just a comfort. And when Indians saw a bear kill one of their tribal mates they called it a god. when lightning struck Earth, they called it Zeus. Now we call it "God" whats next, the Earth God?
How would you know what God is since you don't know Him? It is true that God is a comfort, but that's not all. A true Christian doesn't live in some fairy tale world where everything is perfect and everyone gets along. The life of a true Christian is actually quite difficult, and often very uncomfortable. It's not always easy to go to church on Sunday (or wednesday, or whenever) after working hard all week. It's certainly not easy trying to explain the gospel to people who while they might not say it outright (although some do), they are often thinking you are a nut or something. It is certainly not easy trying to be like Jesus, who led a sinless life. It's difficult for most to see how sinful they really are until they get saved and actually try not to sin. Every time that Christian sins or considers sinning it's like there's a little alarm that goes off in their head. That is the Holy Spirit trying to lead that person in the right direction. It happens to me now every day, it almost never happened to me 4-5 years ago before I was saved.
I don't see a lighting bolt and call it god. I read about Jesus who died on a cross to atone for all of our sins only to be resurrected 3 days later, just as He said he would. Eye witnesses saw Him die. Eye witnesses saw Him 3 days later. History has yet to prove the Bible incorrect, there is no real reason to assume they would have messed up the facts on Jesus if everything else is correct.

J

jdragunas

Evolution exists. Why if God, if he were actually to exist have such an argument?
GOD IS NONEXISTENT. I NEVER HAVE PRAYED TO GOD AND I LIVE A GOOD LIFE. GOD IS COMFORT FOR ALL YOU OUT THERE THAT BELIEVE IN HIM. YOU HAVE NO OTHER LOGICAL ANSWER TO EXPLAIN WHY YOU ARE HERE SO YOU MAKE UP "INTELLIGENT" DESIGN. WELL I THINK THIS DESIGN IS GETTING OLD. AND TO SETTLE IT, THE BEST PIE IS BLUEBERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i disagree... pecan pie is much better than blueberry!

molamola

My Ophiura, you make a good argument. Which do you think came first? Fried chicken, or scrambled eggs?

ophiura

Obviously you don't know enough youngster.

HA HA HA HA. Thanks, I appreciate that.