What Came First...!?

turboeel

Of course when you see a bolt of lightning, you don't call it god. Thats because we have scientific research to prove that its not.
]
But back then when there were retarded Indians, they danced around a freakin fire and
to anything that they thought let them live. You need to bowdown to evolution or your going to make believe "hell" where all the demons live. OHHHHH, am I going there too bc i don't believe in a fairy tale world like you. :scared:

turboeel

Originally Posted by ophiura
HA HA HA HA. Thanks, I appreciate that.

Blueberry is the best pie. I am sure you would appreciate that too!!

J

jdragunas

ophuria, is there a way to just lock one person out of a thread so everyone else can still enjoy it, or would you just have to lock up the whole thread? or do you just have to boot that one person? oh how i would love to be a mod... but we all know that would never happen, as i would take advantate of it waaaayyy too much... :thinking:

ophiura

Originally Posted by turboeel
Blueberry is the best pie. I am sure you would appreciate that too!!

BTW, cichlidfor, SFE and all your other alternate names...its always entertaining to have you back, however briefly...

hagfish

Evolution exists. Why if God, if he were actually to exist have such an argument?
huh? :notsure:

GOD IS NONEXISTENT. I NEVER HAVE PRAYED TO GOD AND I LIVE A GOOD LIFE. GOD IS COMFORT FOR ALL YOU OUT THERE THAT BELIEVE IN HIM. YOU HAVE NO OTHER LOGICAL ANSWER TO EXPLAIN WHY YOU ARE HERE SO YOU MAKE UP "INTELLIGENT" DESIGN. WELL I THINK THIS DESIGN IS GETTING OLD. AND TO SETTLE IT, THE BEST PIE IS BLUEBERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am glad to hear that you are living a good life. But, according to the Bible you sin every waking moment of your life. The great commandment in the New Testament is to love God, the second is to love all others. You do not love God, so every moment is a sin. Besides, it isn't something we do that makes us a sinner, we are born with sin. Think about a baby. They want everything. They will steal, hit, bite, you name it. That is because we are full of sin.

treybom

ATTN: Everybody
this thread was shut down but thanks to the mods who opened it back up... so lets keep it clean... and no pie discussion please!

ophiura

Treybom-
The pie discussions have come up in several of the evolution/creation threads (and other politically charged threads) as an ongoing way to remind people to stay light hearted and not get down each others throats. In a twisted way, it is to remind people to stay on the topic and not resort to attacks and name calling.
If you see the discussion, it means people perceive that things are getting out of hand in terms of tone or attacks.
This is a heated topic of debate, and we allow them to continue longer than most boards. So take the "I like Pie" to mean "let's all get along." That is what it is in reference too. It has a history in these sorts of threads and I like to see people using it because it means they understand that it is a friendly discussion and no more than that. This thread today was an example of why people need to understand it is friendly even if we disagree on the topic and on pies. Any time you talk about religion and politics in such a forum, make it clear that it is a good natured exchange. JMO.
Besides, it can be used to defend or refute which came first in this case.

molamola

I will start by answering the original question and say that I've always figured the chicken came first, as it makes more sense to me personally. It has nothing to do with my religious beliefs, and I'd consider myself to be religious. It's just a notion.
Ophiura, I think I can disprove the merengue theory by stating that chicken pot pie came about long before those eggy cookies. Here's an interesting mutation I discovered at Sonic recently...chicken fingers :scared:

ophiura

Are we assuming that the structure of the egg has remained unchanged? If so, then the chicken came first because several structures within the egg are formed from the egg moving through the chicken. Of course several structures in the chicken are formed from being in the egg.
Dang.

So my vote is basically a "pregnant chad" to use 2000 election lingo.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
BTW, cichlidfor, SFE and all your other alternate names...its always entertaining to have you back, however briefly...

More like a big joke on how ignorant and dorky these kiddy fools are....LOL. In a way, its sadly pathetic. They must be terribly lonesome.
But, anyway....lets get to important matters. This topic!

treybom

Treybom-
The pie discussions have come up in several of the evolution/creation threads (and other politically charged threads) as an ongoing way to remind people to stay light hearted and not get down each others throats. In a twisted way, it is to remind people to stay on the topic and not resort to attacks and name calling.
If you see the discussion, it means people perceive that things are getting out of hand in terms of tone or attacks.
This is a heated topic of debate, and we allow them to continue longer than most boards. So take the "I like Pie" to mean "let's all get along." That is what it is in reference too. It has a history in these sorts of threads and I like to see people using it because it means they understand that it is a friendly discussion and no more than that. This thread today was an example of why people need to understand it is friendly even if we disagree on the topic and on pies. Any time you talk about religion and politics in such a forum, make it clear that it is a good natured exchange. JMO.
Besides, it can be used to defend or refute which came first in this case.

lol thanks for telling me... i havent been on the boards in a while

hagfish

Bye bye turboeel. We hardly knew ye. As for the mods, I think this is a better plan of action than to punish everyone else by closing the thread. At least in this case. JMO.

ophiura

Originally Posted by hagfish
Bye bye turboeel. We hardly knew ye. As for the mods, I think this is a better plan of action than to punish everyone else by closing the thread. At least in this case. JMO.
Please understand that we take no great joy in randomly closing down threads. It is not how we get our kicks. I don't know about everyone else, but I am sitting in an office trying to do other work and trying to also watch these boards. So I really don't have a great deal of time to make everyone happy by leaving the thread open so a problem member can keep posting and posting so we can keep chasing and chasing
Other people can shake their heads and leave when they don't like what they are reading. We can't. Honestly, please consider this perspective. Clsoing threads is not something we take lightly. Thanks.

celacanthr

Originally Posted by jdragunas
and by looking at turbo's spelling, i'm going to assume he's only in his teens, which makes sense...
I feel like I should take offense at that!

I think iron working/aluminum working were invented well after the first egg hatched, and the first chicken layed an egg, therefore the pie argument is moot!

hagfish

Please understand that we take no great joy in randomly closing down threads. It is not how we get our kicks. I don't know about everyone else, but I am sitting in an office trying to do other work and trying to also watch these boards. So I really don't have a great deal of time to make everyone happy by leaving the thread open so a problem member can keep posting and posting so we can keep chasing and chasing
Other people can shake their heads and leave when they don't like what they are reading. We can't. Honestly, please consider this perspective. Clsoing threads is not something we take lightly. Thanks.
I'm not sure if you took what I said the way I meant it. I was trying to say good job, that I thought you guys handled the situation correctly. Just wanted to make sure that point got across.

J

jdragunas

Originally Posted by CELACANTHr
I feel like I should take offense at that!

I think iron working/aluminum working were invented well after the first egg hatched, and the first chicken layed an egg, therefore the pie argument is moot!

now you of all people should not take offense to anything i say about youngsters... i don't think you're really 14... just doesn't make sense to me.... you're probably like 35 and sad because you're getting older, and saying your 14 is very revitalizing for you...

as for the topic at hand, i'm right and you're all wrong, so you just have to deal with it, and move on.

darth tang

Originally Posted by jdragunas
as for the topic at hand, i'm right and you're all wrong, so you just have to deal with it, and move on.

Does that mean the people that agree with your assessment are also wrong...since they fall into the "all" category. Then that would also make you are wrong. How can you be wrong and right at the same time? This is not covered in my copy of Women for Dummies.
It would have to be the chicken as you would need TWO chickens to procreate.
Darth (this is confusing) Tang

celacanthr

Well...
The point I was trying to make is that according to evolution, two non-chickens mated, and then the female layed some eggs, and at least one hatched into a chicken. the egg it came from would be a chicken egg...therefore the egg came first.
CE(today is national Pi day! seriously!)LA

ruaround

I am with Darth on this one... Two Chicken would have to create a Chicken Egg...
ru(3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286208998628034825342117067982148086513282306647093844609550582231725359408128481117450284102701938521105559644622948954930381964428810975665933446128475648233786783165271201909145648566923460348610454326648213393607260249141273724587006606315588174881520920962829254091715364367892590360011330530548820466521384146951941511609...national Pi day
)around