What can I get?

bobbyzat

I have a 75 gallon tank with 260 watts of PC's. Building a new canopy high enough for metal halides is not an option for a long time, so i wanted to know what corals I would be able to keep with this lighting. Common names and pics would help, becuase I dont know what many of them are yet. Also, I might have rrom to squeeze in 260 more watts of pc's. Thanks for your help

jlem

stoney corals and clams probably would be a no no. leathers, mushrooms, star corals, bubbles and brains are a few that you could easily keep.

bobbyzat

Do you happen to have any pictures of those. I know what mushrooms look like, but thats about it. Im still lost trying to learn about all the diff. types of corals. Also, what if i was to add another 260 watts pf PC to bring it up to 520 watts over a 75 gallon tank. How well would that work.

dima96

i would go buy a copy of eric borneman's corals book, so you can see pics of the corals people are telling you about. imo books are some of the best money you can spend on your tanks. you should be able to keep most soft corals and some large ployp stonies but small ployp stonies, clams.