What can I have!

lion101

I have a 29 gallon tank that I got from my teacher. I want to turn it into a saltwater tank with Lion fish. I know it is a small tank but my mom wont let me get any bigger. What other kind of fish could I get? I am going to have about 20 lbs. of LR. I want to get an Eel but it is to small of a tank. The other forum I go to said that I could only get a dwarf Lion fish and maybe a maroon clown. Let me know what other kind of fish I could get. thanks

mimzy

Mmmm... I dunno 'bout that... dwarf lions get to be 6 or 7 inches ... absolute minimum they call for fuzzy dwarves is 30 gallon, and that's with NO other fish. Anything else in there will just end up lionfood - those things can EAT.
I'm sorry Lion101 - but you may just have to wait for a bigger tank if you want Lionfish. Don't feel bad though, you can stock a 29 with some pretty cool non-aggressives and corals and stuff. :joy:
I have to wait for my lions, too

vanos

Don't wait and get some fish so you can get up and running. A 29 is small but people have saltwater tanks that are much smaller like some of those nano tanks I see. You could get some small fish like a clown, damsels and/or chromis. Read on the net and visit websites that sell saltwater fish to find out what other fish you could have. Best of luck. Dwarf lions are boring and don't swim around much. Just my opinion.....