what can i put in

chythn71

i have a 55g i have a sfe, volitan lion about 9 inchs, niger trigger, could there be any other fish that would be ok with these guys

sexyfishers

ya, reference to below on aggressive list by triton.. and go down a little.. I duno, others say they do it.. how confusing!
What is the right answer to triggers and lions.. anyone know?

chythn71

the niger and lion swim together all the time there best buds the lion has been in there for 3 years and the niger for 2 years never had any problems with them

aw2x3

There's only one species that I'd recommend for those three fish, right now...
It's scientific name...largeritis tankerosis.
Kinda cruel to keep a 9" Volitan in a tank that's only 13" deep, don't you think?
Get a larger tank, first...then you can start looking into tank mates.

pappa d

Originally Posted by AW2x3
largeritis tankerosis.
, do you know if those are reef safe? i was looking into one...

chythn71

i have a 90 im setting up now that he is goin in to yea i no its not right him being in there but cant be any worse than any lfs having them in there smaller tanks and bigger lions im also trying to find a good skimmer to use i have one now cant remeber what brand it is i bought so long ago any one have any thoughts on a good one

miamireefr

Just keep in mind an LFS is setup to optimize as much space as possible so they can hold more stock but with the intention in mind that most of the fish that usually arrive at the store will be gone within 2-3 weeks max...
skimmer..don't go cheap but for best bang for the buck I would suggest an asm g3...

aw2x3

Originally Posted by chythn71
i have a 90 im setting up now that he is goin in to yea i no its not right him being in there but cant be any worse than any lfs having them in there smaller tanks and bigger lions im also trying to find a good skimmer to use i have one now cant remeber what brand it is i bought so long ago any one have any thoughts on a good one
At 9", you've got maybe 6 more months before your Lion is pushing 15". Skip setting up the 90gal cause it'll do you no good...you'll either have to get a bigger tank, again, or get rid of the Lion and the Niger.
And, as MiamiReefr said...you're not a local fish store. They hold fish for a matter of weeks, as opposed to you keeping them in confined spaces for much longer, with the intention of doing so for a quite a long time.
Originally Posted by Pappa D

, do you know if those are reef safe? i was looking into one...
They're heavy and will cost you more money than a newborn baby. Other than that, they're pretty safe.