What can you tell me about this puffer

piercedkitty23

I would like to know about his adult size/sutabletankmates/suitable tank/ eating habits/any personal experiances etc.. I cant wait to hear all about himm I am in the market for one and need to make an informed decision

pufferlover

What you have there is the Arothron Meleagris better known as either the White Spotted Blowfish (---- Mills book) or the Golden Puffer ( Dr. Burgess's Atlas). The distinctive features of this fish is the number of bluish white spots over the gray body. These spots not so prominent on the adult fish. comes from the indo-pacific: Red Sea 20 inches in the wild diet finely chopped meat foods, it is a cruncher. Considered peaceful but do not keep with inverts. By the way like most Puffers the flesh is poisonous. Oh my goodness it sounds so to the point but I cheated I used my reference books but your picture matches perfectly with both books. It is a fine looking Puffer tho and in a tank probably full size will be about 10 to 12 inches as adult if fed a lot. Hope this answers your question.

i bought one today it is about 8 inches yellow with black spots(now i got a clown,niger,blue damsel and the puffer- his name is pablo) he is real cool when i shipped him he didnt puff at all and he doesnt give any of the small triggers trouble, he is real tame and follows my finger up and down around the tank. great fish i love it

piercedkitty23

dlight
if you do nto mind me asking where did you get yours and how much did he cost you.. ?? I tried to send this private but I cannot send private msgs for some reason..
thanks in advance
piercedkitty23 :p :p

piercedkitty23

dlight
if you do nto mind me asking where did you get yours and how much did he cost you.. ?? I tried to send this private but I cannot send private msgs for some reason..
thanks in advance
piercedkitty23 :p :p