What Cheap easy fish should i buy?

morayeel3

LIvestock: 11 hermit crabs, two turbo snails (one mexican one zebra), a tomato clown fish, and a snowflake eel
Filter: Fluval 105
Tank: Eclipse 20 gallon
lighting: 20'' fluorescent 19 watt 120 volt
Live rock: Figi 15lbs
Heater: EHEIN 50w
Gravel: Live sand

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morayeel3 http:///forum/thread/383620/what-cheap-easy-fish-should-i-buy#post_3356525
LIvestock: 11 hermit crabs, two turbo snails (one mexican one zebra), a tomato clown fish, and a snowflake eel
Filter: Fluval 105
Tank: Eclipse 20 gallon
lighting: 20'' fluorescent 19 watt 120 volt
Live rock: Figi 15lbs
Heater: EHEIN 50w
Gravel: Live sand
My favorite nice colorful fish that will fit in your tank. They do not go all together.
Purple firefish
Royal Gramma
Orchid dottyback
Flasher wrasse
Yellow Assessor /Comet (very pretty)
There is no such thing as a cheap fish in saltwater. Gone are the days you could buy a fish for $2.00. The cheapest fish are the Clowns that run about $18.00 each. Whatever you do..DO NOT get any kind of damsel..They are evil little fish that cost about $12.00 and they bite your hand drawing blood and will kill other fish you put in the tank later.
Unless you want aggressive evil fish leave those alone.
Edit:
I just noticed the snowflake eel on your list...according to my book should be in a 30g tank. They eat the crabs, shrimp and snails so they are doomed...they also eat small fish...that sort of wipes out any of the fish I mentioned, since all are small to go in a 20g tank.

morayeel3

Trust me my eel isnt going to eat my clown the clown is full grown i was hopeing on maybe a yellow tang or something something yellow but not that bright yellow like the yellow goby. No gobys acually i dont really like gobys lol

morayeel3

Maybe some inverts like a percustion sea urchin or chocolate chip star! Again the eel wont eat them is is much calmer and peaceful then you think

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morayeel3 http:///forum/thread/383620/what-cheap-easy-fish-should-i-buy#post_3356553
Trust me my eel isnt going to eat my clown the clown is full grown i was hopeing on maybe a yellow tang or something something yellow but not that bright yellow like the yellow goby. No gobys acually i dont really like gobys lol

You can't put a yellow tang in a 20g tank...your baby eel won't eat the clown yet. Do have a brother named Wayner?

morayeel3

i meant i want a fish yellow like a yellow tang or just a colorful fish but not to colorful because thats looks better for reef tanks

B

brandonsivek

Dang Flower, I must have pretty good prices for fish at my LFS then. I can get a purple firefish for 12, royal gramma 18, snowflake eel 16, lawnmower blenny 8, and they run an all time special of any 3 damsels for 9 dollars! But that is always passed up. LOL

hawkfish203

In the long run I would say that, that snowflake eel will be much too large for a 20g anyway. I have a 2' snowflake in a 125g with clowns but, they host a anemone and are on opposite ends of the tank. And I also totally agree with FLOWER. When full grown they will have a bigger appetite and may go after the smaller fish in the tank especially in a small tank. I would recommend at least a 50g for the snowflake. Good 20g fish would be like gobys, fireball angel, green chromis, black bar chromis, neon goby, jawfish, scooter blenny, basslets, damsels, ocellaris clowns think they my even have a small puffer that would be alright in a 20.

aquaknight

Geometric Pygmy Hawkfish -- (Plectranthias inermis) is technically an Anthias, and would be fine in a 20gal
. However, obviously not with the two grossly inappropriate tankmates in the OP.

srfisher17

Just re-read the OP. That clown is (or will be) almost certainly a female and claim the whole 20 gals as hers. Any fish is going to be hard, if not impossible to add. Large, female clowns are extremely territorial.