What clean up crew should I have?

timsedwards

Hi Guys,
Might have found someone who can internationally ship some clean up crew for me from Florida to England!
Currently I have 5 red legs, 1 nassirus, 5 super turbs and a cleaner shrimp (I lost some during my substrate change). I have a 70g reef, what do you guys recommend? Im currently thinking to get:
20 blue legs
15 nassarius
10 super turbs
1 fighting or queen conch
2 peppermint shrimps
Any thoughts?
Tim.

kreach

I'd skip the blue legs and go for the red legs as far as the hermits go. Blue legs are evil little things, imo. We pulled all of the blue legs out of our tank because they were killing all the snails. :mad:
I would go for the fighting conch instead of the queen... queen's get huge! But you could probably get 2 if you went with the fighting conch.
Other than that, your list looks good to me. You could even go for a few more crabs and snails, as long as everyone wasn't added all at once.

jauringer

I have basicly adopted Kips idea of a crabless clean up crew. My clean up crew mainly consists of nassarius and Astrea.

I

iluvfish

REALLY??:eek: Even if this site doesn't carry it? So how would I go about getting this info then?

timsedwards

hi guys thanks for all the responses!
well i say blue legs because they are 1/3 of the price of red legs...are you guys sure they are not a good idea?
so this is a good idea:
1 fighting Conch
25 Nassarius
12 Ceriths (not sure if i can get these)
6-8 red legs crabs
2 emeralds
6 more super turbos
6 strombus
Thanks for all your help,
Tim.

timsedwards

ohhh....i just thought there was a break down in the translation across the pond! What are scarlets compared to red legs then? Whats the difference and does anyone have pictures of scarlets?
Thanks!
Tim.
ive just seen a picture of scarlets on this website under inverts, they look just like red legs....:thinking: im confused :confused:

timsedwards

Are they just as mean as blue legs? just that I have red legs now and find them to be fine.....just I can get 3 times as many for the same price with blue legs.....?
Thanks guys!
Tim.

timsedwards

so if they're just as mean as red legs and Ive had no bad experience with them, whats the harm with getting blue legs? will they threaten my nassarius?
KIP - ive sent you an email, would be grateful if you could have a look an just commend what you think.
Tim.

timsedwards

thanks buddy i got it.
how many fighting conches do you think?
if nassarius are good at fighting off blue legs then what is the prob?
Cheers for your help,
Tim.

timsedwards

really? how big? i thought the queen conch got big....
ok fine ill forget about the blue legs :(
Just waiting for the guy to email me back now with prices for shipping and scarlets...
Tim.