What corals can touch a nem?

cocoacf

That's what I was thinking but my nem has never wondered around anywhere so i didn't know if there were any softiesmushrooms or a coral that it's tentacles could touch without starting a problem. I know if it touches some frogspawns and such they can start a nuclear warfare but that's about all i've heard, other than an anemone walking around at night and killing corals.

small triggers

truthfully, if you tank is big enough, id just have them on the other side...just incase. But you could always put a piece of LR in between a nem and a coral to make sure they dont touch.
I have had my anemone sting and kill some zoas and mushrooms, so i dont really think it can touch anything....it will do harm at the least...killing it if you leave it there most likely

T

tizzo

My anemone has cruised over my zoas, and where it touched them, they closed, but as soon as the anemone passed they reopened. Stonies were unfazed by a quick walk by. I do have the branch of one stony that died due to being in the tentacles of the anemone for days... But what I have noticed gets most affected, is the LPS's, especially torches and frogs. They seem to lock onto each other and neither wants to let go without human intervention

jaodissa

My anemone is always touching a few mushrooms I have. The mushrooms have planted themselves inside the rock and the anemone on the side of the rock. I gave up trying to move them. Neither seem to be affected negatively by it.

t316

Originally Posted by Tizzo
http:///forum/post/3209621
My anemone has cruised over my zoas, and where it touched them, they closed, but as soon as the anemone passed they reopened. Stonies were unfazed by a quick walk by. I do have the branch of one stony that died due to being in the tentacles of the anemone for days... But what I have noticed gets most affected, is the LPS's, especially torches and frogs. They seem to lock onto each other and neither wants to let go without human intervention

Originally Posted by Jaodissa

http:///forum/post/3209631
My anemone is always touching a few mushrooms I have. The mushrooms have planted themselves inside the rock and the anemone on the side of the rock. I gave up trying to move them. Neither seem to be affected negatively by it.
+1....My nems have moved over just about every coral in the tank, and although the corals shrink up and seem to disapear during the nems "right of passage", they always pop back up. Just watch out when the nem sets up more permanent residence. Thats when you want to make sure he's not parked on top of a coral for a looooooong stay.