What corals would you recommend me having?

jess

Its a 90g tank, with over 100lbs of live rock. I only have floresent lights. I have four of them on the tank. As of now I have mushrooms, Colt coral, sun coral, leather, and these polyps that look like Daisy's (the flower). They are all doing very well. What other things can I put in my tank

adrian

Jess, thats sort of an open ended question :) You are pretty low on light, but there are corals that can thrive under lower levels of light, like your mushrooms. I would look into soft corals, polyps, and maybe deep water LPS corals. Youll have to research each individual coral and make sure you can meet its requirements. Aquarium Corals by Eric Borneman is great book, which describes a lot of the corals in the hobby and their natural habitats. Why not think about upgrading your lights so your not so limited in the future, a 4 bulb VHO set up would allow you to keep a wider array of corals :) HTH

jess

Thanks. What are LPS corals. I have an idea of what you are taking about, but i just want to be sure

D

diatom

Jess~
Nope not like those at all...those require high light, very stable water conditions and high calcium.
Adrian is right, Eric's book would be a great plave for you to start...they ever probably have it at your library if you don't want to purchase it.