What do i feed my mandarin? (Supplemental Feeding)

lamaface

Hey guys, got myself a beautiful little female mandarin today as a christmas pressie from my dad!! She's a little thin but still looking very healthy and alert. Shes in my 5ft 100G reef tank with about 100 Pounds of live rock...Hopefully getting another 50 pounds of LR on Tuesday but dunno if they gonna have... I have a 6 line wrasse, banna wrasse, goldhead gobie, 1 yellow mimic angel and a regal tang. A bunch of coral (lps and sps and shrooms), sponges. What could i give her that would quickly fatten her up and she only eats live ,im assuming/hoping, (she didn't touch flakes or frozen). Could you guys with experiance with these amazing fish please help me out a bit! Thanks and have a Merry Christmas!!!

ross

Merry Christmas, and good present!
With 100lbs of rock, she should be good. The only concern is the other wrasses which also love pods. Theres really nothing else the mandarin will eat, but feed your wrasses alot of mysis so they wont eat as many pods.

dea_mt

sometimes you can convince your mandarin to eat frozen mysis, is that doesn't work try live brine or live mysis if you can find them. if non of this works just make sure you have a good sump/fuge setup

maurice

Mine loves live brine,but he also eats any prepared food i put in the tank now also.I think your fine with that much LR though.

fishieness

live brine, although better than frozen brine, is like junkfood. The fish love it, but there is so little nutritional value to it. If you want to nurse a fish back to health, i wouldnt use brine.