What do I need to plumb my 105 gal Oceanic?

sugarfox03

I have a 105 gal Oceanic tank that I need to get the plumbing parts for. Its a predrilled tank, a 1.5" and 1.75" holes, single overflow box in the left corner. I have everything else for the tank, just need the plumbing parts and she's ready for water! I did a 3 week water test with no leaks. :joy: I bought the stuff to make the baffles for the sump/fuge, so that will be done this week. Anyway, I just need to know what bulkheads to get, nozzles, pvc parts, etc...If possible, I'd like to get most things at Lowe's or Home Depot. I found an LFS that sells the Oceanic plumbing kit for $77, but that seemed a bit over priced, and I haven't been able to find it online anywhere. Thanks in advance for any help!! :)
The Tank:

sugarfox03

Should I get double threaded bulkheads or standard thread? The double thread ones have the sizes I need, whereas the standard only has 1 I need. Thanks again!

sugarfox03

Can anyone point me in the right direction for parts? I searched the website, and can't seem to find this info. Thanks!

symon

I haven't got a drilled tank, so i can offer no help! Sorry! Me personally i would go with those double ened threaded bulkheads then once you know they are the right size take a trip to HD and pick up some parts! Trail and error always works for me!

joncat24

u need a 1 inch slip bulkhead and a3/4 inch slip bulkhead and enuf 1" and 3/4" pvc and elbows to do the job. also pvc cement I i were you I would use 45 degree elbows where u can instead of 90's for less flow restriction. Like the other guy said, a few trips to lowes or hd should do the job...buy extra elbows and parts ....you can always take em back. beats needing 1 more elbow or something to finish it and not having it...have fun with it

robsw

if i were you id get the double threaded bulkheads. if for some reason you need to do some replumbing it will be much easier to take apart your system. also when you do order bulkheads, make sure you get the right size. A 1.75 inch hole does not meen that u need a 1.75 inch bulkhead.

sugarfox03

So I pretty much just need the bulkheads and some elbows and other various pvc pipe lengths and/or vinyl tubing? Thanks guys!!!