what do u when?

lazypinoy

ur neighbor has a big party (teenager b-day) and his/her guest take up all the parking, even the curb in front of ur house!
ive thought about doing things like placing nails on the bottom of the tire of the car infront of my house who stole my parking so when he/she back out it pops in. or even drill a whole in the front 2 tires. of course i wouldnt do this because of the holiday season but its so frustrating! i swear each generation is becoming less courteous.

J

jrthomas40

make a list of tag numbers go to the party and make an announcement...say whoever has car such and such...your car is being towed

lazypinoy

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
make a list of tag numbers go to the party and make an announcement...say whoever has car such and such...your car is being towed
hmmm i should but i wouldnt like to be the neighborhood party pooper. ill think of something to send a message in a sly way.

J

jrthomas40

you could always find the owner of the house and tell him to find the people and have them move their car...that is polite and sly

ruaround

DeMartini is right... unless they are blockin your driveway... if its something that happens often let the home owner know you dont appreciate cars in front of you house all the time... if its something that happens once in a while... deal with it... do you need the curb for anything???

lazypinoy

Originally Posted by ruaround
DeMartini is right... unless they are blockin your driveway... if its something that happens often let the home owner know you dont appreciate cars in front of you house all the time... if its something that happens once in a while... deal with it... do you need the curb for anything???
yep, got 2 cars and a fat hummer. well ill tolerate it once a while but it pisses me off when it's constant and one of my neighbors has 8 cars so he trys to steal the curb or the whole side of the street if he can. i kno its public property buts its courtesy.

ruaround

8 freakin vehichles??? let me guess... a couple are "fix-er-uppers"... if you live in a nieghborhood with a homeowners association i would let them know... check your convenance both city and nieghborhood... you may be able to "help" them remove a couple of them if dilapidated...
that is just ridiculous!!! and i can understand why you would be frustrated and/or pissed off...

mimzy

one word; cones.
Buy some of those orange traffic cones and put them infront of your house where you don't want people to park. No one will park there. This works in NY & NJ - might work for you!
If you can't find the cones, use trashcans or milk-crates - I have also seen these work firsthand, but I wouldn't use these long-term, as people are more likely just to move the cans/crates b/c they don't look as "official" as the cones do.

emmitt2

Originally Posted by LazyPinoy
ur neighbor has a big party (teenager b-day) and his/her guest take up all the parking, even the curb in front of ur house!
ive thought about doing things like placing nails on the bottom of the tire of the car infront of my house who stole my parking so when he/she back out it pops in. or even drill a whole in the front 2 tires. of course i wouldnt do this because of the holiday season but its so frustrating! i swear each generation is becoming less courteous.
I dont understand how your neighbor is being discourteous? :notsure: How also are they "stealing" your parking space? does that mean that since you have 3 cars, you always park 1 on the curb? If that is the case, i think your neighbors are the ones with a reason to complain.
You said it was a birthday party so what exactly are they supposed to do? Rude would be parking on your lawn or on your property. I can tellyou that if one of my neighbors came to my kids b-day parties and asked us to move cars because they were on the CURB, there would be a BIG problem. To even consider putting nails down or flattening tires at a BIRTHDAY party says alot about you as a neighbor.

demartini

Originally Posted by Mimzy
one word; cones.
Buy some of those orange traffic cones and put them infront of your house where you don't want people to park. No one will park there. This works in NY & NJ - might work for you!
If you can't find the cones, use trashcans or milk-crates - I have also seen these work firsthand, but I wouldn't use these long-term, as people are more likely just to move the cans/crates b/c they don't look as "official" as the cones do.
parking is reallllllly bad by my house and some jack a** markd off a large part of the street for his wife and his huuuuuge truck....I stole his cones...I never see him anymore...
you sound like my grandmas neigbor. She has a drive way, but she parks in the middle of the curb in front of her house so that my granmas grand kids don't park there......

tangman99

Originally Posted by emmitt2
I dont understand how your neighbor is being discourteous? :notsure: How also are they "stealing" your parking space? does that mean that since you have 3 cars, you always park 1 on the curb? If that is the case, i think your neighbors are the ones with a reason to complain.
You said it was a birthday party so what exactly are they supposed to do? Rude would be parking on your lawn or on your property. I can tellyou that if one of my neighbors came to my kids b-day parties and asked us to move cars because they were on the CURB, there would be a BIG problem. To even consider putting nails down or flattening tires at a BIRTHDAY party says alot about you as a neighbor.
I agree with Emmitt. If you live in a community (like I do) it is just part of life that when people have a party that the only place to park in along the curbing as close to the house as possible. There is always going to be cars up and down the road from the house. My neighbors do it and so do I. It does not bother me in the least. No one is dumb enough to block my driveway and it is only a few times a year. To put anything out in front of your house to restrict the number of guests the person could have would be rude and un-neighborly on your part. Think about if you have a party. Where are your guests going to park? All up and down the curb unless you only invite about 5 guests.
Now the problem with 8 cars is totally different. Most subdivisions have covenence that restrict how owners can park their cars. I live in a very nice community that handles this problem very well. Vehicles can't be parked on the road and must be in the drive way, but preferably the garage. No boats or trailers are allowed in sight at all. I would question the home owners association and have them enforce the covenance. They can be held responsible if they refuse.

emmitt2

I do agree that each generation is getting less courteous(not sure what generation Lazy is from, he looks pretty young in his profile). Past generations would have not cared at all about the cars and been happy for the neighbors on their childrens birthday. Lazy's generation apparently wants to flatten the tires of neighbors birthday party cars for daring to use the curb where he wants to park his 3rd car for a few hours

ruaround

Originally Posted by Mimzy
one word; cones.
lol... around here those would end up in your yard, on top of your house, on your car, stacked up on your door so that when you opened it they would fall in, or come up missing...

1journeyman

I really guess I'm missing where the discourtesy is occuring. If the party goers are leaving trash, parking in your yard, blocking your drive way, etc. then I can see it.
Parking on the street temporarily? Seems perfectly fine to me.

trainfever

Move somebodys cones in Philly and you just might get shot. Seems to me that youre just po' ed because everyone was at the party but you.
Come on, dance with me baby.

ophiura

Originally Posted by LazyPinoy

There is something rather ironic about this...
"I'll place nails, or otherwise destroy people's property....and then complain about how each generation is becoming less courteous."
In my life, it doesn't matter if it is the holiday season, it is wrong any day to think of something like this.
Lack of courtesy is at least not a CRIMINAL act.
From the description of what you have thought to do (but won't because it is the holidays!), I can say for sure I would much rather have your neighbors living next door than you! :scared:
:scared:

lion_crazz

Yeah I totally agree with Ophiura and Emmitt. I do not see how they are being rude at all. You are the one who is wrong for even thinking about doing something as terrible as flattening their tires or putting nails in the street.