What do you do with the molting stuff???

Maybe a dumb question but what should you do with the molt from your crabs or shrimp. The reason that I ask this is that my cleaner shrimp recently molted and I thought it was cool to show the kids. When I came back an hour later it had fallen behind my LR and would be difficult to get to.
Is this bad for the tank???

clarkiiboi

I thought I read from another post and a shark answering (I may be wrong) that it was said if there is a cleanup crew it is ok, if none then get it out. Is this correct? ;)

carrie1429

Yes leave it in if you have a cleanup crew as they will eat it. But even if you don't have a cleanup crew and cannot get the shell out easily I don't think its a big deal if you leave it in. Also if you have starfish they love to eat the shells.

wrassecal

I leave mine in. Never done any harm. I think it's mostly composed of calcium anyway(a shark could correct me if wrong). I think it was Beth that advised on taking them out if they are not gone in a couple of days.

jonthefb

Yeah they dont hurt anything and as they are consumed or are dissolved they will release calciu into the tank, which is always a good thing!
jon