What do you think about s-e-x education being taught in the classroom?

nacl freak

The AIDS epidemic with its publictiy and education played a major roll in the late 80's and early 90's decline.

renogaw

Originally Posted by nacl freak
http:///forum/post/2633202
The AIDS epidemic with its publictiy and education played a major roll in the late 80's and early 90's decline.
problem is though that aids and std's are on the rise.
kids think that the only way they can get them is traditional sexual intercourse. they think that o... and a... are not ---, and therefore don't need protection.

darthtang aw

What is so frickin' hard about explaining slot A and Tab B to your child as a parent? Why does the school need to teach this? Oh wait, I get it, then the parent would actually be doing parenting....we wouldn't want that now would we?
With the internet now days a parent has a ton of info at their finger tips to teach their OWN child.

kids dont want to hear about --- from their parents they block it out. kids think their parents are stupid at that age and that they are wrong no matter how right they may be. parents can talk about it but there needs

pontius

here's how I view things differently from some of you people. now, you can call it "nuts", but I see it as common sense.
it's the role of the government. the chief role of the government, above all others, is to stay out of the lives of the citizens. this is why I don't consider myself a liberal and rarely vote for Democrats. I don't want the government meddling in my life. you obviously see it very differently......
people are too irresponsible to save for retirement.....hey! let's get the government to socialize retirement
people won't work to pay for their own healthcare......hey! let's get the government to socialize healthcare
people have unwanted children and then won't take care of them.......hey! let's get the government to take care of them
people are too irresponsible to tell their children about se-x.....hey! let's get the government to teach them about se-x
and the list goes on and on. this is not what the country was founded on. the government doesn't need to be and shouldn't be involved in every little minute detail of the citizens' lives. responsibility is what keeps underage girls and boys from conceiving children, not a class. and the government doesn't teach responsibility...never has.
also, I don't know why you posted a report from 1991 to 2008. se-x education was already in schools in 1991. I want you to find a report from before se-x ed was in school, like say the 40s, 50s, and 60s, and then compare the numbers. I'm not saying se-x ed is the reason for teenage pregnancies, but it's not a help either. and it's not necessary. there is no class needed for you to know that boys will get girls pregnant if they aren't careful.

aquaknight

Because some kids don't have parents. Or at least good ones. I'd rather have something in place to teach these kids, the ones most likely to be impacted by this subject IMO, and have such and such's child who probably doesn't pick out their own clothes (sarcasm
), miss a couple days of science because they elect to have their kids miss se-x ed. I don't think anyone is forcing se-x ed. on anyone's child if they don't want them to take it.

i agree, but i dont. the way our country is, is just how it is. its what its coming down to. things need to change but most likely wont. you have to adapt to or fight for change. my kids are going to private schools not public. and i will teach them about s-ex as soon as i see signs they are considering any part of it. the government has pretty much given free reign to peope. if you cant do it or fix the government will. dont try too hard the governments here. its like the government is the rich grandparent of some spoiled irresponsible brat.

renogaw

teenage pregnancy and stds WERE on the rise before they started implementing se-x ed. and since they introduced se-x ed, pregnancy has started to decline. problem is, all they talk about is pregnancy and traditional intercourse. no one thinks that they need protection if the girl is taking it in her digestive system...

aquaknight

Originally Posted by Pontius
http:///forum/post/2633261
here's how I view things differently from some of you people. now, you can call it "nuts", but I see it as common sense.
it's the role of the government. the chief role of the government, above all others, is to stay out of the lives of the citizens. this is why I don't consider myself a liberal and rarely vote for Democrats. I don't want the government meddling in my life. you obviously see it very differently......
people are too irresponsible to save for retirement.....hey! let's get the government to socialize retirement
people won't work to pay for their own healthcare......hey! let's get the government to socialize healthcare
people have unwanted children and then won't take care of them.......hey! let's get the government to take care of them
people are too irresponsible to tell their children about se-x.....hey! let's get the government to teach them about se-x
and the list goes on and on. this is not what the country was founded on. the government doesn't need to be and shouldn't be involved in every little minute detail of the citizens' lives. responsibility is what keeps underage girls and boys from conceiving children, not a class. and the government doesn't teach responsibility...never has.
also, I don't know why you posted a report from 1991 to 2008. se-x education was already in schools in 1991. I want you to find a report from before se-x ed was in school, like say the 40s, 50s, and 60s, and then compare the numbers. I'm not saying se-x ed is the reason for teenage pregnancies, but it's not a help either. and it's not necessary. there is no class needed for you to know that boys will get girls pregnant if they aren't careful.
Then why have a public school system at all? Isn't it the parents responsibility to teach the child? If you can afford private school great, if not, well toss junior a book and cross your fingers.

Agreed, I hear the incinerator is a much better option.....

So instead of a government program to take care of them, have a government program to force parents to take of them?

nacl freak

Originally Posted by armywife1314
http:///forum/post/2633267
i agree, but i dont. the way our country is, is just how it is. its what its coming down to. things need to change but most likely wont. you have to adapt to or fight for change. my kids are going to private schools not public. and i will teach them about s-ex as soon as i see signs they are considering any part of it. the government has pretty much given free reign to peope. if you cant do it or fix the government will. dont try too hard the governments here. its like the government is the rich grandparent of some spoiled irresponsible brat.

I've always felt we had the democrates to thank for these views and available programs

renogaw

Originally Posted by nacl freak
http:///forum/post/2633278
I've always felt we had the democrates to thank for these views and available programs
I personally don't think government controlled health care is all that bad of an idea...the government officials get a lot better coverage than we do.

ric maniac

Originally Posted by fishkid13
http:///forum/post/2633076
Crimzy. I am 13 and had s-e-x ed my PARNETS think it should taught so us teens no the dangers. But it is under debate in our county, thanks to some idiot people we have a couple 13-14 PERGENT at ARE school. I think and my PARNETS think it should be taught so we NO the dangers but should have strong guildline. Plus why are we talking about this on a fish website???

Maybe we should have more English instead of s-e-x ed... lol just messing with you. But seriously, a lot of my friends never got the talk because they learned about it from their friends. Now they don't think they need it because they "already know it all". I almost think, that if it was taught they would know more about s-e-x, both the physical and the psychological part.

pontius

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/2633275
Then why have a public school system at all? Isn't it the parents responsibility to teach the child? If you can afford private school great, if not, well toss junior a book and cross your fingers.
Agreed, I hear the incinerator is a much better option.....

So instead of a government program to take care of them, have a government program to force parents to take of them?

I agree with that first part to an extent. there should be no such thing as "US Dept of Education" imo. education should be a state government consideration, not federalized.
I've no clue what you're talking about incinerators. a government "program" or a law? I think there are already child abuse and neglect laws on the books. if people have children, of course they should take care of them. it does not take a village to raise a child, it takes a parent

pontius

Originally Posted by renogaw
http:///forum/post/2633285
I personally don't think government controlled health care is all that bad of an idea...the government officials get a lot better coverage than we do.
good, then you pay for mine. because when it goes into effect, I'm going to an off the books job.

aquaknight

http:///forum/post/2633388
I've no clue what you're talking about incinerators. a government "program" or a law? I think there are already child abuse and neglect laws on the books. if people have children, of course they should take care of them. it does not take a village to raise a child, it takes a parent
There still should be something
though. Alright, so the parents charged with abuse/neglect, then what? Give the kids back to those parents? How many times? You would still have to have some type of outlet, adoption/foster/etc for these kids to go. The threat of consequences is not enough for everyone.
Or if you think it should be another state-program instead of national?