What do you think about this protein skimmer

crustymonk

What is the feeling on the Prism Skimmer that is sold here on this site. I have a 80 g FOWLR and limited soft corals?

buzzininnv

It works OK but nothing special. My Prizm Delx is recommended up to 100g so it works fine for my 46g set up. If I were you, I would look around for something else. But if its your last choice, its better than no skimmer at all.

fishsta

I would not recommend it. It is a very finicky skimmer that will give you more problems then it will help. If you are on a budget i would look to see if you could find a cpr bak pac skimmer. You could probably find a used one for around $75.

saltfan

Its ok. I'm in the midst of fidling with mine to add a pipe in the center to kinda get more contact time and also stop some of the bubbling into the tank. This is what you will run into with this unit, is micro bubbles in the tank, drives me nuts. It would seem that they tend to like the lower side of the SG, the higher it gets the more micro bubbles it makes. Other than that, it does skim.

lion_crazz

I'd say it is along the lines of junk also. If you are looking for a hang on skimmer, go with a Corallife, Aqua C Remora, or Excalibur.

trex

I know a fella that is selling a remora pro for 95.00, call me if you aaare interested. i have not heard any good things about those prism, my remora kicks butt bro

mikeyjer

I'm getting into something completely new that would kick ALL of these skimmer's butt. I will update on my progress as I get it setup, it takes 7 business for delivery. It's rather inexpensive as well, we'll see how it does. It cost A LOT less then any of those skimmers mentioned above, even prism. It's something I recently found and it sounds amazing and too good to be true, but they stand behind their product 100% with a 100% refund, even shipping for 6 months. :happyfish

sidd

I'm getting into something completely new that would kick ALL of these skimmer's butt. I will update on my progress as I get it setup, it takes 7 business for delivery. It's rather inexpensive as well, we'll see how it does. It cost A LOT less then any of those skimmers mentioned above, even prism. It's something I recently found and it sounds amazing and too good to be true, but they stand behind their product 100% with a 100% refund, even shipping for 6 months.
Is it a canister filter?

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by sidd
Is it a canister filter?
No, it turns out to be a hoax after I did a research on it....That made me kinda mad...I guess I'll stick with euroreef(these suckers are expensive)...Euroreef still kicks these skimmers $%$^ anyway....

angrycrab

I would throw my support behind the coralife super skimmer as well, just a nice piece of equipment, only knock I found is the bubble trap is a little big, and that its a little on the noisy side, but it does a great job skimming