What do you think of this LR?!

mojohoojo

Okay..i need you guys expert opinions, should i take a toothbrush and starting cleaning up these LR? the hermit crab can anybody id!? Is my LR okay? %......

ID Please!!

Thanks!!

spiderwoman

Here is info about the strawberry hermit crab
Strawberry Hermit Crab
The Strawberry Hermit Crab is quite different from its algae-eating counterparts. This is a much larger hermit species that needs lots of room and food. It is a scavenger and predator; in the aquarium, it can be fed bits of meaty foods like shrimp, scallops and smelt. These hermits are not reef safe and should not be kept with smaller invertebrates.
As hermit crabs grow, they need to move into larger shells to accomodate their larger body. The Strawberry Hermit Crab needs to be provided with large shells to grow into. This type of hermit crab could easily grow large enough to live in shells softball-sized or larger.

spanko

Looks like you already have some livestock in the tank. What makes you want to clean the rock with a tooth brush at this time?

morval

rook looks ok to me might just have ditritus on it give it a little flow over the rock and see what blows off

mojohoojo

Yeah! like Morval said. i feel that the LR is full of ditritus, i'll blow it with the pump. Anyways, the strawberri hermit crab.....sigh!....why is it im so unlucky getting lots of evil hitch hickers? i just got rid of a cowrie and i found out theres glass anemone on the LR
guess i'll do some research before looking for a new home for this little fella
overall my LR looks ok rite? its not dead or worst. Wat do you suggest i do with the hermit!? how can i positively sure that this is a strawberry hermit

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by mojohoojo
http:///forum/post/2579754
Thanks Spiderwoman....what do you reckon i should do about the hermit!?
It's pretty, but may start killing your other hermits and snails and other inverts... If you have a frag tank, I'd move him there or sell to someone else that has a FOWLR tank.

mojohoojo

ok will do tat. thanks...btw i search for my turbos and found their empty shells. guess the straw was hungry hehehheh. where i come from its "really" hard to find other enthusiast only the LFS might be interested in the guy and i dont have a frag....although..this gives me a perfect reason to have one...mmmmmmm...

spiderwoman

I almost bought one of those, but luckily did some reading up on it first and lost interest immediately. He would have eaten my whole CUC.

krautburner

Originally Posted by mojohoojo
http:///forum/post/2579754
what do you reckon i should do about the hermit!?

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman

http:///forum/post/2579759
... If you have a frag tank, I'd move him there or sell to someone else that has a FOWLR tank.

he dosn't need any light,
you could stick him in your sump
maybe throw a piece or two of rock in there too.
thats what I did with a bunch of my inverts