What do you think....

jden092901

I had a cleaner shrimp die...30 gallon tank. My water is PERFECT, I think it was getting bugged by my 6-line wrasse, and I didnt feed as often as I should have. Anyway...I want to get a Coral Banded shrimp...are they fun to have...like the cleaner was?
Thanks,
Josh

trigger11

Originally Posted by jden092901
I had a cleaner shrimp die...30 gallon tank. My water is PERFECT, I think it was getting bugged by my 6-line wrasse, and I didnt feed as often as I should have. Anyway...I want to get a Coral Banded shrimp...are they fun to have...like the cleaner was?
Thanks,
Josh
Personally I would avoid the coral banded. If you were to decide to have any other kinds of shrimp in there he would bully them around. Out of curiosity, what is your SG at? Shrimp do need to have it higher. Like between .025 and .027.

ophiura

I agree - what is perfect for fish is often fatal for these animals. Did you have the shrimp long? It is unlikely it starved, but it is possible the sixline pestered it. Still, I owuld ensure you've really addressed possible issues before getting something else.
I also am wary of coral banded shrimp, as they can have an aggressive streak.