What do you think?

jbird0420

I need an opinion on my Silca filter for my RodI unit. As you can see in the pic it's almost half-way exhausted. My TDS meter reads 000 and 001. I would like to know if the Di resin looks like it's ready for a change or can it go a lil longer.

Thanks for looking!

spanko

Strictly a guess here as I do not have a RODI unit but I would think the qualifying parameter is the TDS. Until I got a constant read above 000 I think I would continue with it the way it is.

spanko

NP but let's see what others say also. Like I sad I don't have a RODI unit so my post was a guess on my part.

snakeblitz33

Eh, I de-chor tap water with a TDS of 080 to put in my tank.
I'm fixing to start my 240 gallon tank with tap water!!!

jbird0420

Problem is the water tastes clorinated and my Sediment and Carbon filters are almost 4 months with fairly heavy use, but they look clean.
Not only that my reef tank has broken out with heavy red slime (cyano) and green algae. I just recently added a Phosban reactor 2 weeks ago. I assume because of the clorinated taste from the water, it's time to change the filters. I was thinking about adding on another stage onto my Ro/di unit. The purpose would be for an added carbon filter. Was thinking about the reuseable carbon filter The Filter guys has to offer. What advise do you guys recommend?