What do you think???

badboy822

Well my 125 gallon tank is now 9 days old. It has 110 # of live sand from an established tank.Here are my water conditions: temp 80 (having a hard time keeping it below 80) rite is less then .1 ammo is .5 rate is 5.0 and ph is 8.4. I currently have 2 damsels and 2 chromis which are doing great. Very active and eating good. This is the highest my ph and ammo have been since I set it up and I check them every other day. Is this my ammo spike or do you think with the live sand I will not have much of a cycle? I have a wet/dry filter under neath the tank with a protien skimmer in the sump which I am not running until the cycle has completed.Give me your opinions please. Thanx. Craig

jimi

Do you have any rock in the tank? For now, with 110 lbs of established live sand that may very well be your cycle peak.

badboy822

At the present time no live rock, but as soon as my lfs gets some I will be adding it in increments of 10-20# at a time tillI get the amount that I want. will check my water again today and let you know where it stands.
Craig