What fish tank should I buy?

ddiaz386

Well im new to this, and wanted to make it easier on myself, so I was thinking on buying a RED SEA MAX, is this a good idea? But I really want a
55g tank, but they dont come with everything included, does anybody have any recommendations? And one of the fish I really want are either a blue hippo tang or yellow tang, please help
, i really want to buy a tank soon?

robertmathern

Thats a tuff one there 55 gals dont come with anything and all that stuff can get pricey. But bigger is always better

ddiaz386

Thanks Robert, well the Red Sea Max is about $850 with everything thats including the sand and starter kit, but your right bigger is better, do you have any idea of how much a 55g could be?

yearofthenick

I paid $700 for a red sea max with stand, water, and 30lb's live sand, all brand new. I guess it works out if you get an extra $150 worth of live rock. I would look online for live rock though, although you have to ask a lot of questions about used live rock... was it ever treated with copper is the biggest one.

ddiaz386

Yea the red sea max is really convenient, but does not fit my needs, I really want to have a tang or two and a 34 g is not gonna cut it, I would consider going bigger but then the costs go up and sometimes everything isnt included.
Yearofthenick how is your red sea max doing, do you have pictures?

robertmathern

You should check out the 75 gal nissan is selling in the classified section of this site. Deffiently work the 500. pretty much all set up and ready to go.

ddiaz386

I am seriously considering the 75g from nissan robert, since it has everything i need, can i remove the bio balls though, and used some other kind of filtering?

nissan577

yes you can put chaeto or mangrove. what ever you desire. or what my bro did in his tank. made it half bio balls and half with chaeto and mangrove

robertmathern

I dont really care of wet dry systems. I would sell it and buy a little tank for a sump. You would be happy with that.

yearofthenick

Originally Posted by ddiaz386
http:///forum/post/2775528
Yea the red sea max is really convenient, but does not fit my needs, I really want to have a tang or two and a 34 g is not gonna cut it, I would consider going bigger but then the costs go up and sometimes everything isnt included.
Yearofthenick how is your red sea max doing, do you have pictures?
Sure, look below. I have a small hippo tang in there and he's doing awesome, although I completely understand that I will need to get a larger tank eventually You don't see him in the FTS because the pic was taken right after the lights went on... he's probably still sleeping in the back or something, which is normal. I also included a bunch of pics of my corals do you can see that they will do well under this kind of lighting. I also have a crocea(sp?) clam which I've included a pic of. I've had him for about 6 months and he's grown quite a bit since I first got him.